Associate Director (IT Strategy Consulting)
A career at Gartner Consulting will be unlike any other you have had. Led by our Managing Partners, we develop long-lasting relationships with select clients by selling and delivering large, high impact engagements focused on our clients‘ most important IT initiatives, using repeatable solutions based on distinctive capabilities and a high degree of industry relevance in our top talent engagement teams.
Due to our success, Gartner is currently in the process of expanding its high-performance Manufacturing & Retail Consulting team in Germany (Munich or Frankfurt). As one of our talented consultants you will be given the opportunity to work on some of the most innovative and exciting business-centric and technology-driven engagements in the marketplace today.
Gartner’s strategy, which you will be implementing, is to focus on a small number of clients, with whom we will build strategic relationships, based on consulting capabilities in world class areas of expertise:
- Digital Transformation
- IT Strategy
- IT Cost Optimisation
- Applications Modernisation (including ERP)
- Infrastructure Modernisation
- IT Security
Gartner engagements are typically high-value, strategic engagements, ranging from 3 months or more and worth up to $1m+. Gartner is not transaction oriented, we concentrate on our overall relationship with a client, not selling a large transaction. Teams are formed from industry and solution experts, often, but not exclusively drawn from our European consulting group. Team sizes are usually up to five consultants, and seldom over ten.
- Gain understanding of the engagement objectives, of the client's strategy, environment and constraints and assure that recommendations can be implemented;
- Analyze Gartner Research, leverage Gartner Consulting IP and methodologies, and prepare written reports and management presentations of analysis and recommendations;
- Leverage mastered classical standard methodologies such as financial analysis, causal analysis, risk analysis and standard consulting management skills such as facilitation, interview, etc.
- Participate as a member of Gartner teams in the creation of high quality diagnostics and actionable strategic results;
- Actively develop and maintain client relationships at senior levels;
- Illustrate Gartner world-class brand by attitude and mind-set.
- Minimum of 8 years professional and consulting experience sought;
- Minimum of 5 years consulting experience from a top management or IT professional services firm strongly preferred;
- Completed university level education, MBA qualification preferred
- Fluent in German and English
- Business development experience essential, evidence of developing new service advantageous
- Demonstrable IT industry understanding, project management skills and experience, professionalism, team work capacity, strong work ethic and willingness to travel and work in a diverse international environment;
- Cross-sector and functional experience highly desirable; experience in sourcing and/or applications preferred
- Expertise with strategic consulting frameworks and facility with financial principles such as budgeting, asset valuation and net present value;
- A bility to analyze problems and create business cases using a variety of tools, e.g. Excel;
- Excellent communication, presentation and facilitation skills (ideally in critical political environments);
- Ability to synthesis and translate complex technical aspects into business terms and define from business objectives and constraints complex technical solutions;
- Autonomous, positive thinker, highly flexible and a team player;
- Willingness to be based in our Frankfurt or Munich offices and travel as required (potentially several days per week).
Your application and the data therein are received and processed by Gartner UK Ltd., which is operating as shared HR service provider for the EMEA entities of the Gartner group. Your application will be shared by Gartner UK Ltd. with those persons within the Gartner group which decide about the steps of your application.
Meet Some of Gartner's Employees
Vice President, Research
Jenny is the go-to girl for any information pertaining to what technology applications clients can use to support social media connections with customers around the world.
Back to top