Associate Director - Gartner Consulting, Madrid
What makes Gartner Consulting a GREAT fit for you? A career at Gartner Consulting will be unlike any other you have experienced. Not only are we are passionate about technology and its application, we are also committed to attracting the most creative, talented and driven consultants to take our world-renowned Gartner research to a whole new level. When you join Gartner Consulting, you will lead some of the most innovative business and technology efforts in the marketplace today. Our consultants are technology thought leaders for the 21st century. You can expect to connect technology innovations to the strategic requirements of an organization and to the commercial needs of a business, all within the context of the changing digital economy. Consulting associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development. If you thrive on solving complex business challenges with technology, Gartner is the place for you.
Backed with the insight of Gartner research and events, the Gartner Consulting team help clients in a wide range of industries speed up their agendas and stay ahead of the digital curve. Due to increasing demand, the consulting practice is growing its team in Madrid.
The Associate Director will help to lead a team responsible for a portfolio of accounts that consist of multinational, global or large-scale organizations. You will lead engagements advising clients at the highest strategic level with big-picture and tactical guidance on how technology enables a wide range of business outcomes.
Responsibilities of the role
Operating at the C-Level, you will assist our clients in successfully managing their technology investments and define their IT and Digital Transformation strategies. As a successful Associate Director, you will:
- Have dual responsibility as both an Engagement (delivery) Lead as well as take responsibility for developing new business for the team in Madrid;
- Manage all components of medium to large-sized proposals and engagements including technical and commercial methodologies, staffing and budgets. Manage the drafting of large-sized engagement proposals and engagement deliverables;
- Identify, develop and document issues and strategic recommendations using independent judgment concerning engagement areas being reviewed;
- Analyze Gartner Research, leverage Gartner Consulting IP and methodologies, and prepare written reports and management presentations of analysis and recommendations;
- Leverage mastered classical standard methodologies such as financial analysis, causal analysis, risk analysis and standard consulting management skills such as facilitation, interview, etc;
- Participate as a member of Gartner teams in the creation of high quality diagnostics and actionable strategic results;
- Actively develop and maintain client relationships at senior levels;
- Maintain a Director level expertise and currency in industry leading information management technologies.
- Consulting experience from a top management or IT professional services firm;
- MBA qualification desirable;
- Significant IT industry understanding;
- Fluency in Spanish & English;
- Demonstrable project management skills and experience;
- Business development experience, evidence of developing new service advantageous;
- Strong work ethic and willingness to travel and work in a diverse international environment;
- Expertise with strategic consulting frameworks and financial principles such as budgeting, asset valuation and net present value;
- Excellent communication, presentation and facilitation skills (ideally in critical political environments);
- Aptitude for critical and analytical thinking as well as the capacity to accept out-of-the box solutions;
- Willingness to be based in our Madrid office and travel as required (potentially several days per week).
- Ability to drive Gartner Consulting value proposition and likely to be skilled in a relevant solution area, including, but not limited to:
- CIO/CXO Strategy and IT Strategy;
- Digital Transformation;
- Technology Cost Optimization (including benchmarking);
- Infrastructure & Operational Excellence;
- Enterprise Architecture;
- Best of Breed Working methodologies (Agile, DevOps);
- Security and Risk Management techniques;
- Business Intelligence;
- Insight and Analytics.
Job Requisition ID:G17782
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
Job ID G17782
Back to top