Associate Director, Consulting (MCRU)
Gartner Consulting is a leading independent IT and business consultancy, helping clients define key IS/IT strategies, manage major technology initiatives, optimize business processes and operations though IT and achieve high returns on their related investments. Using Gartner methodologies, benchmarks and the full power of Gartner Research, we help clients to measure performance, optimize and create quantifiable business value, independently from implementation interests. Gartner also provides management consulting services to executive and senior level management on how to better leverage IT and innovate.
Gartner is growing and seeking a talented consulting Associate Director to take a key role in the development of our MCRU (Manufacturing, Consumer Packaged Goods, Retail and Utilities) Consulting practice in Italy. The successful candidate will take on business development and consulting delivery activities.
Gartner’s strategy, which you will be implementing, is to focus on a small number of clients, with whom we will build strategic relationships, based on consulting capabilities in world class areas of expertise.
Led by our Managing Partners, we will be bold and develop sustaining relationships with select clients by selling and delivering high impact engagements focused on our clients’ most important IT initiatives, using repeatable solutions based on distinctive capabilities and a high degree of industry relevance in our top talent engagement teams.
Gartner engagement teams are formed from industry and solution experts. Team sizes are usually two to five consultants, and seldom over seven.
Working at the highest levels in client organisations in both IS/IT and the business, Gartner Consultants have the opportunity to make a real difference in shaping/validating/auditing the value of IT and its contribution to business performance and helping clients successfully manage their C-level agendas.
As a successful Associate Director, you will:
• Gain understanding of the engagement objectives, of the client's strategy, environment and constraints and assure that recommendations can be implemented
• Analyze Gartner Research, leverage Gartner Consulting IP and methodologies, and prepare written reports and management presentations of analysis and recommendations
• Leverage mastered classical standard methodologies such as financial analysis, causal analysis, risk analysis and standard consulting management skills such as facilitation, interview, etc.
• Participate as a member of Gartner teams in the creation of high quality diagnostics and actionable strategic results
• Actively develop and maintain client relationships at senior levels
• Illustrate Gartner world-class brand by attitude and mind-set
• Minimum 10 years professional experience sought;
• Minimum 5 years consulting experience from a top management/ IT professional services firm strongly preferred;
• Significant digital transformation and IT industry understanding and experience sought;
• Significant Retail and Consumer Packaged Goods industry understanding and experience strongly preferred
• MBA qualification desirable;
• Excellent people skills and customer relationship track record mandatory.
• Must have demonstrable project management skills and experience, professionalism, team work capacity (including distant and international clients and internal teams), strong work ethic and willingness to travel and work in a diverse international environment;
• Evidence of developing new service offerings and business development experience essential;
• Cross-sector and functional experience highly desirable;
• Expertise with strategic consulting frameworks and facility with financial principles such as budgeting, asset valuation and net present value;
• Ability to analyze problems and create business cases using a variety of tools, e.g. Excel;
• Ability to make informed decisions and seek and accept guidance and coaching from team;
• Excellent communication, presentation and facilitation skills (ideally in critical political environments);
• Candidates with a natural aptitude for critical and analytical thinking, as well as the capacity to accept out-of-the box solutions will be favoured over specialists.
• Fluency in English is required, fluency in French highly preferred
PERSONAL PROFILE / SUCCESS CRITERIA
You enrich your qualifications and experience with being an enthusiastic, energetic, trustworthy, target and advice oriented personality, with a high level of curiosity and interest for IS/IT, the research and advisory business and Gartner.
• Ability to analyze problems - natural aptitude for critical thinking, analytical models and financial analysis;
• Ability to synthesize and translate complex technical aspects into business terms and define from business objectives and constraints complex technical solutions;
• Skilled at managing client situations under pressure, including conflict management and political sensitive situation handling;
• Ability to inspire confidence and trust at all levels, including executive level;
• Trustworthy and perceptive, with effective use of judgment;
• Ability to help international and multi-cultural client teams make quick informed decisions while being comfortable about them;
• Autonomous, positive thinker, highly flexible and a team player;
• Excellent listening, verbal and written communication and presentation skills;
• Willingness to travel (potentially several days per week).
Meet Some of Gartner's Employees
Vice President, Research
Jenny is the go-to girl for any information pertaining to what technology applications clients can use to support social media connections with customers around the world.
Back to top