What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the leader in our industry, achieving double-digit growth by helping clients make the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development — as well as unlimited growth potential. If you like working with a generous, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is where you want to be.
Gartner’s Corporate Communications team is responsible for defining, promoting and protecting the Gartner brand. By creating compelling content and marketing programs, our goal is to engage internal and external audiences in our value proposition and corporate narrative in order to drive long-term, double-digit growth.
Senior-level creative leader who can combine broad, conceptual thinking with proven digital expertise. The ideal candidate will be an inspiring creative thinker with a proven track record leading major creative/brand initiatives. The heart of what we do is digital, so the successful candidate must have deep experience in designing for and art directing web, mobile, multimedia and print experiences that engage the user and provide an effortless, human-centric, relevant experience. The AD will build, manage, inspire and lead a team of designers to create unforgettable experiences for our business partners and prospects within Gartner’s new visual identity system (VIS). You’ll work closely with other Art Directors, Associate Art Directors, MarCom team and Executive Creative Director.
What You Will do:
- Brand-first mentality. Demonstrated ability to create and follow corporate brand guidelines. Proactive approach to brand consistency and able to translate mission-critical priorities into dynamic, visually-compelling solutions.
- Strong collaboration. Collaborate with MarCom team and business partners to deliver a creative strategy, schedule and budget and manage business-partner expectations. (A “we, not me” attitude)
- Digital expertise:
- Experience with Adobe CS, Sketch, InVision
- An understanding of HTML/CS/JS preferred. Not required to code/should be able to design practical solutions
- Thorough understanding of responsive design processes, techniques and best practices
- Experience within a variety of development platforms/teams (WordPress, Hippo, Adobe Experience Manager)
- Leadership experience in user-centered design preferred
- Create and implement design styles, pattern libraries and keep on top of industry best practices
- Analytics savvy. Leverage data to inform design decisions
- Change agent. Comfortable taking the lead to explore and champion new and emerging creative technology, tools, and workflow process improvements.
- Creativity. Maverick thinker, creative catalyst, leader — never satisfied w/status quo. Autonomous decision-maker.
- Effective leadership, presentation and communication. Accessible, proactive coach and hands-on player. Able to present ideas persuasively at all levels of the organization.
- End-user focus. Develop trust-based relationships with key stakeholders across the business and work collaboratively to ensure solutions are customer-centric/address mission critical priorities
- Process: Drive operational excellence/continuous improvement within the Creative Center of Excellence (CCOE)
What You Will Need:
- Four-year art degree in multimedia/graphic design from an accredited college or university
- Required: 5 years of experience as a Senior Designer in a results-driven design, marketing or in-house agency
- Required: 2 years managing a creative team
- Software: Adobe Creative Cloud, Microsoft Office, G Suite, Workfront, Eloqua, Sketch, InVision
- Experience working client-side, in corporate environments
- Nice-to-have: Experience with coding responsive websites and emails
- Nice-to-have: Backgrounds in IT, Marketing, Marketing automation
- Nice-to-have: Backgrounds in video and motion graphics
- Excellent conceptual skills and design sensibility
- Proven creative, verbal, writing and presentation skills
- Proven ability to handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines
- Curiosity about our customers and their ever-changing needs
What We Offer:
- Limitless growth and learning opportunities.
- A collaborative and positive culture — Your team will be as smart and driven as you
- Outstanding compensation — Plus competitive benefits and generous time off
- A chance to make an impact — Your work will contribute directly to our strategy
Job Requisition ID:28165
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
Job ID 28165
Back to top