Area VP, LE/GE, GTS
What makes Gartner Sales a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner Sales, you’ll set your career on track for outstanding achievement with a company that knows no limits. We’re the leader in our industry, achieving double-digit growth by helping clients make the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our sales associates earn a competitive base salary, uncapped commissions and exceptional benefits—along with top training and support, and all-expense-paid luxury incentive trips for high performers. If you’re coachable, persistent, smart, executive-savvy, and looking for your next great adventure, Gartner is the place for you.
The AVP, responsible for the Leadership and Management the Canada Federal Government Sales’’ teams. This key contributor will develop and manage a team of Area Managers, focused on new business and the growth of the business.
- As member of Regional Management team, interpret regional sales strategy for team implementation
- Work with sales leadership to architect vertical market services
- Management and coaching of Area Managers; work with Area Managers to enable them to coach reps to approach their territories more strategically and empower managers to change the way they manage and motivate their teams
- Align sales organization structure to maximize efficiency and meet corporate objectives
- Focused responsibility for driving implementation of new sales methodologies and management disciplines
- Foster strong cross-business and cross-functional cooperation in meeting customer expectations of Gartner
- Set goals, establish metrics, measure attainment of those goals, and encourage / enforce compliance through means at his or her disposal which may include, but are not limited to, financial incentives, management support, recognition incentives, and personal credibility
- Active participation in vertical industry associations and networking events
- Raise Gartner's profile as an industry leader within specific markets
- 10 – 15 years proven service related sales experience, with a minimum of 2 years Gartner Sales Management experience
- Proven track record of superior sales performance within teams managed
- Consistent track record of achievement and overachievement of quota
- Demonstrated success in identifying key business issues and selling solutions to resolve issues
- Demonstrated ability to build executive relationships and advise clients
- Ability to lead, drive, and develop team members
- Excellent understanding of Gartner Sales Process; comprehensive understanding and use of Value Selling
- Experience of managing managers
- Ability to communicate clearly and persuasively, both verbally and in writing; strong interpersonal skills
- Strong business acumen, strategic thinking and ability to understand broader business implication of decisions
- As leaders and associates of Gartner, we are expected to live, represent and lead the Gartner Values in all our behaviors:
Job Requisition ID:28976
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
Job ID 28976
Back to top