What makes Gartner Sales a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner Sales, you’ll set your career on track for outstanding achievement with a company that knows no limits. We’re the leader in our industry, achieving double-digit growth by helping clients make the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our sales associates earn a competitive base salary, uncapped commissions and exceptional benefits—along with top training and support, and all-expense-paid luxury incentive trips for high performers. If you’re coachable, persistent, smart, executive-savvy, and looking for your next great adventure, Gartner is the place for you.
Are you looking for a fast-paced career with outstanding advancement potential at a global market leader? If so, think about Gartner. The world's leading research and advisory company, Gartner (NYSE:IT) delivers the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right business decisions, every day. We are seeking highly motivated, achievement-driven sales associates to contribute to our double-digit growth, backed by the solid infrastructure of a world-class sales organization. In addition to a competitive base salary, uncapped commissions and exceptional benefits, Gartner sales associates can enjoy generous performance-based rewards, including all-expense-paid trips to exotic locations around the world. Come be a part of our incredible growth organization!
The Area Manager's primary role is to attract, lead, coach and develop a team of quota-bearing associates to drive revenue for Gartner. An Area Manager typically manages a team of 6-12 direct reports.
This role is responsible for:
- Achieve or overachieve financial targets
- Develop and execute strategy for achievement of business results tied to overall sales strategy
- Attract and retain top talent within sales team by following Gartner's proven recruitment methodology, with a strong focus on building a pipeline of candidates for potential open territories
- Drive high activity by conducting team prospecting sessions with direct reports
- Ensure that each team member is capable of developing and maintaining C-level relationships
- Provide leadership through the effective communication of the global strategy
- Coach and develop direct reports on a regular basis
- Maximize the team's success through effective leadership and coaching
- Take ownership for own professional growth and support the team's professional growth
- External candidate: Minimum 7-15 years proven consultative sales experience in high technology (services, software or hardware), with 3+ years of management experience.
- Internal candidates should have a demonstrated track record of successful financial performance, with 2+ years of QB sales experience in Gartner MA or Gartner management experience.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, mentor and motivate sales associates
- Proven ability to understand enterprise wide issues and to structure innovative, integrated solutions that provide IT decisions support to global organizations in achieving their business goals
- Proven consistent over achievement of sales quotas and financial commitments
- Strong business acumen, forecasting skills, influencing skills and communication skills (to share knowledge with a team to support the growth strategy within sales).
- Strong demonstration of intellect, drive, executive presence, sales acumen, managing others
Job Requisition ID:G22229
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
Job ID G22229
Back to top