Applied Analytics and Operational Intelligence Technology Evangelist. Gartner Research, Flexible European Location
As a Research Director you will create Gartner research and analysis, communicate it to clients and support the sales force in new sales and client retention. Your research will provide insight, predictions and actionable advice to clients in the area of continuous operational intelligence. In addition, you will have an understanding of adjacent research areas and practices.
The field of research you will work in
Continuous operational intelligence. Specific areas of focus will include real time analytics and decision management. This research area may include, for example:
- Operational intelligence platforms
- Stream analytics platforms
- Rule engines
- Recommendation engines and integration with CRM
- Tools for deploying scoring-based decision services
- Decision modelling
Adjacent research areas, such as:
- Business activity monitoring, process monitoring, and process mining
- Integration of continuous intelligence solutions in relation to digital business platforms and IOT analytics.
- Complex event processing, Lambda, Kappa, and edge analytics.
What you’ll do
- Conduct research and produce innovative, thought-leading, impactful, analytically-deep, fact-based research analysis.
- Impress with your understanding of best practices and inspire by detecting emerging next practices and trends in your field or research.
- Identify critical questions facing Gartner clients and crafting appropriate research methods to address them.
- Drive client demand for Gartner’s research on Continuous Operational Intelligence.
- Create and deliver high value presentations off the back of the body of research over time.
- Assist the Sales organization in selling and retention on any topic covered by the Analyst's team.
- Provide high quality and timely research peer review.
- Lead or participate in research community meetings to discuss research issues and collaborate effectively with peers.
- You have 8-15 years of experience within the research field.
- You will have previously held a leadership role within business or technology field.
- You bring deep understanding of both technology and industry to include the market, vendors, products and user strategies in specific areas.
- You demonstrate significant applicable experience in related industry discipline and deep knowledge of a particular market, role, or user strategies in specific areas.
- You have a track record of publications.
- Bachelor's Degree and/or advanced professional qualification(s)) in related field.
- Proven record of academic achievement at highest level.
- Master's Degree in related discipline an advantage.
- Exceptional analytical skills; ability to apply conceptual models, recognizing patterns and drawing and defending conclusions.
- Exceptional influencing and leadership skills.
- Very strong writing skills.
- Very good story teller. Articulate and succinct communication skills; ability to explain complex ideas effectively.
- Very strong team-working ethos.
- Strong project planning and management skills.
- Strong team-working ethos.
Meet Some of Gartner's Employees
Vice President, Research
Jenny is the go-to girl for any information pertaining to what technology applications clients can use to support social media connections with customers around the world.
Back to top