Applications Specialist, Gartner Research, Mumbai
What makes Gartner Research a GREAT fit for you?
When you join Gartner Research, you’ll be part of a leading-edge team that values expert insights, bold ideas and intellectual courage. You’ll deliver must-have research through compelling client interactions, and contribute to our double-digit growth by providing our clients worldwide the unbiased insight they need to make the right decisions on their key initiatives. Through constant learning, discovery and collaboration you’ll not only help clients deliver on the promise of digital, you’ll grow your career and the scope of your impact across industries. Our culture demands hard work — and rewards it with exceptional opportunity. If you’re always looking for what’s next in technology, Gartner is looking for you.
About this role:
- Manage “help desk” support for publishing operations, databases, and applications
- Troubleshoot issues reported by Gartner Research Analysts, editors, and events teams and provide solutions within established SLAs
What you’ll do:
Successful execution includes feedback loops, root cause analysis, issue resolution, and while providing exceptional client service.
- Become subject matter expert on process and tools you support.
- Collaborate with team members to manage shared responsibilities
- Assist with special projects
- Operations optimization – provide thought leadership in streamlining processes and improving operations
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor degree, Major in Business or IT preferred
- More than 3 years of experience, in a fast-paced customer service environment
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Willingness to learn, high degree of ambition, and drive
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong expertise in email etiquette and support is essential for the role (for support communications, escalations, and solutions).
- Superior time management skills and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize
- Capacity to work as part of a virtual global team
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Ability to problem solve and bring timely resolution to escalation
- Process-driven, methodical, detail-oriented, and proficient working with business systems
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize workload
- Strong customer service orientation, with ability to work independently, exercise judgment, take the initiative, take ownership and accountability
- Strong IT literacy and technology experience, with solid intermediate to advanced level skills in Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook, technically astute and comfortable learning new database applications and technology
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner research team enjoys exceptional benefits, including:
- Competitive base salary
- Great on job learning
- Inordinate work life balance
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world's leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. From CIOs and senior IT leaders in corporations and government agencies, to business leaders in high-tech and telecom enterprises and professional services firms, to technology investors, we are the valuable partner to clients in more than 10,000 distinct enterprises worldwide. Through the resources of Gartner Research, Gartner Executive Programs, Gartner Consulting and Gartner Events, we work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, USA, and has 8,300 associates, including over 1,800 research analysts and consultants, and clients in more than 90 countries.
For more information, email [email protected] or visit www.gartner.com
Meet Some of Gartner's Employees
Vice President, Research
Jenny is the go-to girl for any information pertaining to what technology applications clients can use to support social media connections with customers around the world.
Back to top