Application Services Sourcing Expert, Gartner Research, Flexible European Location
What makes Gartner Research a GREAT fit for you?
When you join Gartner Research, you’ll be part of a leading-edge team that values expert insights, bold ideas and intellectual courage. You’ll deliver must-have research through compelling client interactions, and contribute to our double-digit growth by providing our clients worldwide the unbiased insight they need to make the right decisions on their key initiatives. Through constant learning, discovery and collaboration you’ll not only help clients deliver on the promise of digital, you’ll grow your career and the scope of your impact across industries. Our culture demands hard work — and rewards it with exceptional opportunity. If you’re always looking for what’s next in technology, Gartner is looking for you.
About this role:
An Application Services Sourcing analyst advises end-user clients on the best practices around the four sourcing phases: Strategy development, selection and evaluation of service providers (e.g. RFPs), contracting and negotiating, and service management (transitions and performance).
The key activities performed include: Client advisory calls, writing research, presenting at Gartner events and supporting sales teams by visiting prospective clients to demonstrate Gartner subject-matter expertise. The desired services sourcing subject-matter expertise includes – Application development, implementation, testing and maintenance services, business process services (Finance & Accounting, HR, CRM, Procurement), Cloud-based application Services, Multi-sourcing Integration and analytics services
What you’ll do:
- Writing research targeted at sourcing executives and contract managers that want to buy information technology for the IT organization to grow and sustain their business
- Reviewing contracts and sourcing documents (MSA, SOW, RFP) and advising clients on best practices and gaps both on a call and as written response
- Providing guidance to clients on the telephone and video conference related to your research
- On-site delivery of strategic advice to clients about how to buy/source IT services from third party providers to transform their business
- Delivering presentations at Gartner and other events on your research area
- Participation in cross-Gartner research efforts
- Conduct research and analysis in IT Outsourcing, with a focus on Applications Outsourcing. Knowledge of offshore and near shore country destinations is a necessary requirement with direct experience in the UK/EMEA outsourcing market is a must.
- Business Process Outsourcing knowledge, shared services or captive center operations experience is a plus .
- Cover the specified area as well as applicable adjacent areas in at least one area of expertise, while maintaining a view across a broad spectrum of the market, to produce innovative, thought-leading, impactful, analytically-deep, fact-based research.
- Lead the research process by identifying critical questions facing Gartner clients and crafting appropriate research methods to address them. Provide in-depth analysis based on extensive client input and personal experience.
- Drive client demand for your personal analysis and presentations.
- Lead a body of research and be recognized in the industry as a subject matter expert i.e. develop a following.
- Create and deliver high-value presentations and other materials.
- Assist the Sales organization in selling and retention on best practices and trends in applications and business process outsourcing. Ability to demonstrate research value leading to successful sales.
- Provide high quality and timely research peer review. Provide mentorship and support team members.
- Lead or participate in research community meetings to discuss research issues and collaborate effectively with peers.
- Thought-leadership in establishing research positions across a team of analysts.
- Ability to provide focused one-day client consulting-style engagements as a research area expert.
- Credibility as an industry leader to represent Gartner research methodology and strategies.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor's Degree and/or advanced professional qualification(s) in related field. Proven record of academic achievement at highest level. Master's Degree in related discipline an advantage.
- 10+ years of experience within information technology services. Previous experience in sourcing or IT services delivery leadership role within technology or business required.
- Demonstrate excellent analytical skills; applying conceptual models, recognizing patterns and drawing and defending conclusions. Strong business and financial acumen as well as analytical skills are required for this position
- The candidate must be a strategic and critical thinker, able to efficiently multitask, and to deliver high quality actionable advice on time through a variety of media. The candidate must demonstrate a self-motivated work ethic but also be collaborative within geographically diverse team environment. International experience is desired
- Experience with the best practices and issues facing end users (“clients”) when outsourcing services is mandatory.
- Experience with an outsourcing vendor or shared services /Captive center operations management would be an additional strong benefit.
- Significant applicable experience in outsourcing services and deep knowledge of the UK/EMEA IT outsourcing market, service providers, and user strategies a must. Knowledge of US IT market knowledge a plus.
- Articulate and succinct communication skills; ability to explain complex ideas effectively and presenting to large groups in workshops and conferences desired.
- Strong project planning and management skills with a strong team-working ethos.
- Exceptional influencing and leadership skills.
- Experience with Sourcing, Contracting and Service Provider management for following Technology and Services areas desired: ERP systems (SAP, Oracle, Microsoft Dynamics) SaaS applications (Workday, SuccessFactors, salesforce, NetSuite), Automation in I.T. services (applications and BPO), DW/BI and Analytics services, Knowledge of mid-market suppliers of applications services in NA and EMEA a plus, Agile/DevOps
- Fluency in other EU languages a plus
Who you are:
- Collaborative: experienced providing service and collaborating with global colleagues
- Organized - skilled at multitasking, prioritizing and working under tight deadlines and high volume
- Confident – able to make sound decisions on projects with minimum supervision
- Detail oriented - skilled at recognizing and troubleshooting errors
What we offer:
- An upbeat, positive culture. Teamwork, integrity, objectivity, collaboration, and a no-limits mindset are central to our values
- Direct collaboration with global colleagues
- Professional development and growth opportunities
- Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits starting on your first day
About Gartner :
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. We work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A.– Visit gartner.com to learn more.
Meet Some of Gartner's Employees
Vice President, Research
Jenny is the go-to girl for any information pertaining to what technology applications clients can use to support social media connections with customers around the world.
Back to top