Application Lead - Oracle EBS
What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you?
When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the leader in our industry, achieving double-digit growth by helping clients make the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development — as well as unlimited growth potential. If you like working with a generous, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is where you want to be.
About this role:
Seasoned professional responsible for detailed technical design and development of applications for a specific area using existing and emerging technology platforms. Scope of the role is typically across one or multiple small applications in a portfolio
What you’ll do:
- Potentially supervises line staff. Assigns work, monitors work quality and reviews output.
- Performs as a technical contributor, delivering the results required in the area
- Coaches, motivates and guides team members. Provides the technical oversight and leadership necessary to accomplish the work.
- Ability to communicate and enforce best practices for development standards and source control.
- Identifies and recommends resource requirements for the team.
- Develops work plan and priorities for their area. May contribute to the plans for the larger group.
- Converts complex functional specifications on business problems into programming specifications.
- Interfaces with business analysts, project managers, and/or customers to clarify requirements, including those that involve multiple interdependent systems/applications, and significant business risk.
- Analyzes, defines and documents requirements for a system, considering its interfaces and interdependencies with other systems. Performs coding and/or configuration to meet documented needs, utilizing a variety of procedures and techniques.
- Reviews, analyzes, and modifies complex programming systems, including encoding, testing, debugging and installing for multiple systems or a large system. Maintains records to document program development and revisions
- Contributes to the development of test plans and participates in post-implementation reviews
- Coordinates with multiple customer groups and IT colleagues to resolve systems issues and advance development projects.
- Conducts code reviews as appropriate for quality and adherence to standards
- Conducts technical assessments of team and provides feedback on performance as necessary - may also prepare/deliver reviews Assesses customer requests, and any other challenges to business solutions, in terms of their costs and benefits to the business, and their broader impact on Gartner
- Maintains a deep understanding of the business strategies and objectives of the business areas within the portfolio
- Advises customers/business analysts/project managers on discrete technology related business problems, formulates options including assessing their relative merits and risks and works with customers/business analysts/project managers to determine the best solution
- Understands changing business needs for various areas supported and the subsequent impact on applications
- Builds and maintains up to date knowledge about company’s processes, strategies and industry trends
- Designs projects with broad implications, requiring systems integration of one or more technical platforms and potentially spanning across the entire portfolio
- Conducts complete diagnosis of most business problems, factoring in a strong understanding of the technical architecture
- Facilitates complex design sessions by presenting logical statements of business problems and designs, and offering and incorporating ideas
What you’ll need:
Typical candidates will possess 10+ years of relevant experience and BS in Computer Science or related fields or equivalent experience
- Experience in implementing and maintaining ERP solutions
- Functional knowledge of financial systems and operations with ability to troubleshoot data issues
- Has 10+ years Oracle EBS suite expertise both technical and functional in Finance – General Ledger, Sub-ledger Accounting, Fixed Assets, Accounts Receivables, Accounts Payable, Cash Management, Lockboxes, Collections, Advanced Global Intercompany System, Procure to Pay with PunchOut, Invoice, Record to Report.
- Experience with Virtual Trader a plus.
- Experience with XML, cXML and XSLT.
- Must have strong knowledge in Oracle Applications development, PL/SQL and Oracle system management.
- Must have functional knowledge to support EDI, Report and ability to make EDI mapping changes.
- Demonstrated ability to design and develop Oracle EBS integrations and functionality.
- Business knowledge of Payables, Receivables, Procurement, GL, and Collections,
- Knowledge of Financial Accounting a plus
- Analyse, build and extract Discoverer reports
- Ability to assess impact of a code change in one module to another where they are connected
- Knowledge of Oracle Database platform and ability to tune queries
- Experience with PERL and shell scripting in Linux / Unix platform
- Ability to recommend / architect frontend frameworks
- Experience with migrating application to cloud a plus
- Experience with AWS Lamda automation tools, and testing tools like JUnit, TestNG, Selenium
- Knowledge Linux / Unix a plus
- Possess strong knowledge of the technical area supervised. Serves as a technical resource to those supervised.
- Familiar with all IT functions and services relevant to Finance functions.
- Demonstrates strong understanding of the processes, procedures and issues within their area.
- Able to resolve or facilitate the resolution of complex issues within Finance area
- Demonstrates expert understanding of all application development processes, development methods and tools and their appropriate use, serving as a resource to others
- Demonstrates strong expertise in all the relevant programming languages
- Is a key resource in the existing technologies along with other interrelated/adjacent systems and technologies
- Works independently and provides guidance within technical area, applying in-depth knowledge of multiple technologies, as appropriate and acting as a consultant to other professionals in IT
- Provides technical leadership in their area of specialization
- Acts as a technology mentor to team members
- In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- An upbeat, positive culture. Integrity, objectivity, collaboration, results and a no-limits mindset are central to our values
- Limitless growth. We work with you to help you meet your goals and advance within the company
- Encouragement to be innovative and challenge status quo
- Exposure to industry leading training and development
- Performance based recognition and rewards
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. We work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A. – Visit gartner.com to learn more.
Job ID 00020227
Meet Some of Gartner's Employees
Regional Vice President, Sales
Erin oversees more than $40 million of business for Gartner while guiding and supporting five separate teams of account executives throughout the greater New York City territory.
Back to top