Application Lead, Java
What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you?
When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the leader in our industry, achieving double-digit growth by helping clients make the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development — as well as unlimited growth potential. If you like working with a generous, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is where you want to be.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate and work with a team.
- Learn and apply new technologies, especially Ruby and Graph database
- Deliver Project work on-time within budget.
- Deliver all work products with high quality
- Design, unit/ integration testing, implementation and support of modules developed using Java EE/Spring, React, Ruby, PL/SQL and Graph databases.
- Lead the review and analysis of business requirements to create technical specifications
- Lead and participate in code reviews, peer inspections and technical design/specifications
- Prepare and provide adequate (quality and quantity) documentation for work products.
- Work with cross-functional teams to resolve business process issues and identify business process improvement opportunities
- Responsible for resolving all issues assigned in a timely manner
- Ownership for development of application architecture and delivery of technical solutions that meet business requirements
- Ensure that all applications conform to system and programming standards and are appropriately documented
- Manage formal and informal project communication amongst team and with other project participants using methods appropriate to audience and type of communication
- Evaluate developers following project completion identifying strengths and areas for development via a formal, written performance appraisal
What you’’ll need:
- Bachelor or Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience in the field of software development.
- 6 - 9 years of experience in software development.
- Ruby experience is a plus
- Graph database experience is a plus
- React, Bootstrap, CSS 3.0 experience is a plus
- A proven track record of experience in leading the design and deployment of large-scale solutions.
- Experience in all phases of a systems development lifecycle
- Excellent software development and object-oriented design fundamentals with a strong background in architecting software applications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to interact with other teams
- At least 2 years of people management experience is desired
Who you are:
- Passionate about technology, self-learner who keeps abreast with latest developments.
- A team player who can comfortably work with distributed teams across the globe.
- Attentive to details and well organized.
- Able to solve complex problems and successfully manage ambiguity and unexpected change.
- Coachable and embracing of best practices and feedback as a means of continuous improvement
- Consistently high achiever marked by perseverance, humility and a positive outlook in the face of challenges
What we offer:
- In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- An upbeat, positive culture. Integrity, objectivity, collaboration, results and a no-limits mind-set are central to our values.
- Limitless growth. We work with you to help you meet your goals and advance within the company.
- Encouragement to be innovative and challenge status quo.
- Exposure to industry leading training and development.
- Performance-based recognition and rewards
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. We work with every client to research, analyse and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A. - Visit www.gartner.com to learn more.
Meet Some of Gartner's Employees
Vice President, Research
Jenny is the go-to girl for any information pertaining to what technology applications clients can use to support social media connections with customers around the world.
Back to top