Application Architecture and Integration Analyst, Gartner Research, Flexible N.A. Location
Conduct research and analysis on application integration and integration infrastructure with an emphasis on enabling digital ecosystems. Knowledge of the strategic business and technical implications of digital ecosystems integration on an overall Digital Business strategy is important. Knowledge of infrastructure categories such as API Management, B2B gateway software and iPaaS (integration Platform-as-a-service) will be required. An awareness of citizen integration and IoT integration are a plus.
Understand and be able to speak to the five-year strategic roadmap for integration and infrastructure. This includes the likely evolution of integration and integration platforms aimed at enabling digital ecosystems, taking into account the rise of the API economy and the importance of APIs to the overall direction of ecosystems, the continued interest in B2B/EDI, the increasing dependence on the cloud by our enterprise clients and the evolving landscape of vendors such as Adeptia, Axway, Cleo, IBM, Liaison, Microsoft, MuleSoft, OpenText, Oracle, SAP, Software AG, and Tibco.
Be able to define and conduct ongoing research and analysis related to application architecture, infrastructure and integration, in support of digital transformation, ecosystem integration and “platform business” formation.
- Maintain a view across a broad spectrum of the market, to produce innovative, thought-leading, impactful, analytically-deep, fact-based research. Lead a body of research and be recognized in the industry as a subject matter expert – develop a following.
- Contribute to the research work of others through peer collaboration. Provide high quality and timely research peer review. Provide mentorship and support team members. Have a strong team-working ethos.
- Perform research by reading, networking with clients, vendors and other analysts, evaluating and analyzing information and participating in Research meetings or other activities that comprise the research process as well as through interviews, surveys, and statistical analysis.
- Respond to client inquiries as required. Understand a client’s history and relationship with Gartner in order to provide contextualized inquiry support. Maintain enough calendar open time to support client requests quickly and efficiently.
- Create and deliver high-value presentations and other materials.
- Assist the Sales organization in selling and retention on Integration topics. Show ability to demonstrate research value leading to successful sales.
- Hands on experience with integration and application infrastructure, B2B strategies and technologies, and cloud software projects would be a significant advantage.
Meet Some of Gartner's Employees
Vice President, Research
Jenny is the go-to girl for any information pertaining to what technology applications clients can use to support social media connections with customers around the world.
Back to top