Analytics & BI (Vendors/Contracts) Thought Leader
What makes Gartner Research & Advisory a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a leading-edge team that values expert insights, bold ideas and intellectual courage. You’ll deliver must-have research through compelling client interactions, and contribute to our double-digit growth by providing clients the unbiased insight and advice they need to make the right decisions every day. Through constant learning, discovery and collaboration, you’ll help clients deliver on their mission-critical priorities, grow your career and increase your industry impact. We value hard workers — and reward you with unlimited opportunity. If you’re looking to explore what’s next in technology and business, Gartner is looking for you.
About this role:
The successful candidate will create Gartner research and analysis, communicate it to clients and support the sales force in new sales and client retention. The research provides insight, predictions and actionable advice to clients in Data & Analytics. This includes writing about, presenting and advising organizations about market trends, vendors, service providers, governance and best practices in business analytics
What you’ll do:
- Conduct research and analysis in BI, analytics and Advanced Analytics. Specific areas of focus will include strategy, best practices, market trends, technologies and vendors and service providers of business analytics. Focus is to cover these areas in the context of the Data and Analytics Programs.
- Preferred location: NA (US or Canada)
- Cover the specified areas as well as applicable adjacent areas, while maintaining a view across a broad spectrum of the market, to produce innovative, thought-leading, impactful, analytically-deep, fact-based research.
- Lead the research process by identifying critical questions facing Gartner clients and crafting appropriate research methods to address them. Provide in-depth analysis based on extensive client input and personal experience.
- Drive client demand for Gartner’s research on business analytics
- Lead a body of research and be recognized in the industry as a subject matter expert – develop a following.
- Create and deliver high value presentations and other materials.
- Assist the Sales organization in selling and retention on any topic covered by the Analyst's team.
- Provide high quality and timely research peer review. Provide mentorship and support team members.
- Lead or participate in research community meetings to discuss research issues and collaborate effectively with peers.
- 10+ years of experience within the technology field. Will previously have held a leadership role within technology or business field
- Bachelor's Degree and/or advanced professional qualification(s)) in related field. Proven record of academic achievement at highest level. Phd/Master's Degree in related discipline an advantage.
- Significant applicable experience in related industry discipline and deep knowledge of a particular market, industry or role; deep understanding of both technology and industry to include the market, vendors, products and user strategies in specific areas.
- Experience in Data preparation, exploration and visualization for analytics is key.
- Articulate and succinct communication skills; ability to explain complex ideas effectively.
- Exceptional analytical skills; ability to apply conceptual models, recognizing patterns and drawing and defending conclusions.
- Strong project planning and management skills.
- Strong team-working ethos.
- Exceptional influencing and leadership skills.
- Thought-leadership in establishing research positions in collaboration with a team of analysts.
- Ability to demonstrate research value leading to successful sales.
- Ability to provide focused one-day client engagements as a research area expert
- Dealing effectively with the press.
- Credibility as an industry leader to represent Gartner research methodology and strategies.
Job Requisition ID:39456
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
Back to top