Analyst, Master Data Mgmt
Analyst, Master Data Management
When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the leader in our industry, achieving double-digit growth by helping clients make the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development — as well as unlimited growth potential. If you like working with a generous, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is where you want to be.
About this role:
Support the Master Data Management roadmap through data analysis, requirements gathering and documentation.
What you’ll do:
- Support the Master Data Management roadmap
- Support the development of processes and technology that improve the quality of Gartner’s Customer and Product Masters
- Provide detailed business requirements to IT development team to ensure a successful implementation.
- Build queries that would allow us perform health checks and identify gaps/areas for improvement.
- Assist with creating QA test cases
- Collaborate with other business units to see how the MDM team can help them achieve their mission critical priorities
- Measure the impact of MDM initiatives to inform changes/additions to the roadmap
- Independent decision making as well as collaborative problem solving are both critical for this role
Who you are:
- Motivated, high-potential performer, with demonstrated ability to influence and lead
- Strong communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
- Able to solve complex problems and successfully manage ambiguity and unexpected change
- Teachable and embracing of best practices and feedback as a means of continuous improvement
- Consistently high achiever marked by perseverance, humility and a positive outlook in the face of challenges
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- An upbeat, positive culture. Integrity, objectivity, collaboration, results and a no-limits mindset are central to our values
- Limitless growth. We work with you to help you meet your goals and advance within the company
- Encouragement to be innovative and challenge status quo
- Exposure to industry leading training and development
- Performance based recognition and rewards
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. We work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A. – Visit gartner.com to learn more.
What you’ll need:
· Bachelors degree required, degree related to Master Data Management preferred
· 1-3 years of work experience in an MDM or data analyst position.
· Strong analytical and pattern recognition skills.
· Experience with and knowledge of Microsoft applications, proficient in Excel.
· Proven ability to collaborate with other business units.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Customer focus and relationship building skills.
· Intermediate SQL knowledge.
Meet Some of Gartner's Employees
Vice President, Research
Jenny is the go-to girl for any information pertaining to what technology applications clients can use to support social media connections with customers around the world.
Back to top