Advisor - Financial Services (Expressions of Interest)
What makes Gartner Research & Advisory a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a leading-edge team that values expert insights, bold ideas and intellectual courage. You’ll deliver must-have research through compelling client interactions, and contribute to our double-digit growth by providing clients the unbiased insight and advice they need to make the right decisions every day. Through constant learning, discovery and collaboration, you’ll help clients deliver on their mission-critical priorities, grow your career and increase your industry impact. We value hard workers — and reward you with unlimited opportunity. If you’re looking to explore what’s next in technology and business, Gartner is looking for you.
Advisors bring Gartner's research, best practices, and tools to life across a broad range of world leading clients. It's the job of a Senior Advisor to increase client engagement and ensure each client is fully leveraging Gartner's resources. The Advisor will be responsible for applying and packaging Gartner research insights and content to address client challenges and sense patterns and trends among customer queries and priorities to influence the rolling research that we produce.
Additionally the Advisor operates as the program lead in APAC but will work closely with their global peers to learn new research and contribute APAC information into the research process, constantly improving the service we offer.
Apply expansive knowledge of Gartner research to help resolve high-value business problems for clients by:
- Delivering insight to clients through written and oral communication
- "Packaging" insight (deck compilation, summary writing, project scoping) to meet client needs
- Interacting with clients through written communications, phone consultations, attending in-person briefings and larger meetings
- Inform the direction of ongoing research, content projects and product initiatives via robust local market perspective; participate in checkpoint meetings with the research team, as needed.
Specific tasks and responsibilities:
- Participate on calls with clients and prospective clients to diagnose issues and deliver insight "in the moment" on client challenges and strategic next steps
- Partner with broader commercial team to build strong relationships with clients
- Build internal collateral and provide product advice and training to support teams
- Continually seek to improve the value of the product offering, ensuring research is used effectively
- Utilise and teach appropriate advisory and diagnostic frameworks for client interactions so client’s know how to apply our research
- Develop external relationships as needed to influence product quality, speed to market of new products or and assist business development objectives and network expansion
- Outstanding record of academic achievement (Bachelor degree required)
- Suggested 3-5 years’ related work experience in the consulting or banking fields (with exposure to Customer Service and/or Experience teams a plus)
- Ability to speak concisely and confidently in front of small groups
- Executive "presence" and gravitas; can immediately establish credibility with senior executives
- Compelling interpersonal and communication skills; can work equally well independently and within a team
- Ability to absorb research content and conduct substantive content discussions as a result
- Strong questioning skills and confidence to probe into client needs and hypothesise areas of support
- Comfort with synthesising and distilling large amounts of information
- Strong commercial outlook and client service ethic
- Excellent organisation and prioritisation skills
- Willingness to travel up to 40% of the time (largely domestic/trans-Tasman, with possible international opportunities)
- Willingness to work outside the strict job description parameters to creatively deliver exceptional client outcomes
Job Requisition ID:38232
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
Back to top