Account Manager - Midsized Enterprise
Motivated by results? You’ve come to the right place. When you join CEB, now Gartner, Sales, you’ll set your career on track for outstanding achievement with access to C-level executives and critical business priorities. You’ll use quick thinking and dynamic sales strategy to apply solutions to the most pressing business challenges affecting executives from around the globe. We’re the leader in our industry, achieving double-digit growth by helping clients make the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else.
We do it for the impact.
Our sales and account management team connects clients with the right products to unlock corporate potential. We are an unstoppable force of proactivity, engagement, resourcefulness, and application. We offer relevant information and actionable insight to leaders at more than 10,000 companies to manage talent, benchmark performance, and achieve critical objectives—effectively changing their futures. That’s why we sell research and technology.
The Account Executive is an inside sales role responsible for direct client contract value retention, growth through contract expansion, by introducing new products and services and through net new account growth. The territory for this role includes specific small-medium sized client accounts.
What you’ll do:
• Act as a strategic partner to c-level executives within existing accounts to develop and implement an effective, enterprise-wide strategy that maximizes the value delivered by Gartner’s products and services
• Account management with outcome of increased customer satisfaction and increase in retention & account growth
• Expose existing clients to the value of our offerings
• Collaborate with team members across departments to drive the end-to-end sales process
• Manage forecast accuracy on a monthly/quarterly/annual basis
• Maintain competitive knowledge & focus
• In-depth knowledge of Gartner's products and services
• Consistent execution of Gartner's internal sales methodology
What you’ll need:
• At least 3 years of experience identifying and closing new sales opportunities and knowledge of the full sales cycle
• Experience managing c-level relationships and growing existing accounts
• Knowledge of how to manage a defined territory to meet quota objectives
• Varsity-level communication and presentation skills
• Thriving experience in high-volume transactional achievement, relationship building with senior-level clients, and Business to Business (B2B) sales
• Solid understanding of business dynamics at large national and international corporations
• Stellar track record of closing new business at or above quota
• Strong demonstration of intellect, drive, executive presence, and sales acumen
• Ability to develop and conduct effective presentations via the telephone with contract decision makers (c-level)
• Experience in setting a high volume of current customer meetings and new sales interactions with prospects.
• Comfort with prospecting within existing accounts in order to generate and cultivate leads for new sales opportunities.
• Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred
Why you’ll want it:
• We show you a clear career path for advancement— with multiple career options in an individual contributor or management role (you did say you’re motivated).
• We offer a unique training curriculum specifically designed to foster a long-term career in the field
• You’ll earn a competitive base salary plus uncapped commission as well as all-expense-paid luxury incentive trips.
• We take care of you with a benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), paid time off, flexible spending, and tuition assistance.
• Diversity and inclusion are at our core—join established Veterans’, Women’s, LGBT, and cultural groups to celebrate our differences.
Known as an innovative growth firm, CEB, now Gartner, is hiring experienced professionals and early careerists in locations around the world. Learn more at gartner.com , cebcareers.com , and cebglobal.com .
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading research and advisory company. We help business leaders across all major functions in every industry and enterprise size with the objective insights they need to make the right decisions. Our comprehensive suite of services delivers strategic advice and proven best practices to help clients succeed in their mission-critical priorities. Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, USA, and has more than 13,000 associates serving clients in 11,000 enterprises in 100 countries.
Equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace .
Job ID 00019606
Meet Some of Gartner's Employees
Regional Vice President, Sales
Erin oversees more than $40 million of business for Gartner while guiding and supporting five separate teams of account executives throughout the greater New York City territory.
Back to top