Account Manager - GetApp
What makes Gartner Digital Markets a GREAT fit?
Gartner Digital Markets supports the technology needs of small and medium sized organizations. The business is comprised of three brands - Software Advice, Capterra and GetApp - leaders in helping small businesses select the right software. For candidates exploring the technology space for their next opportunity, Gartner Digital Markets can offer the excitement of working for a start-up, balanced by the stability of a large and established organization, and the opportunity to be on the front lines of innovation in a company that is growing and transforming.
About This Role
The Gartner Digital Markets Marketing Advisor Team is looking for a passionate & results driven individual who will own a large volume of customer relationships in the EMEA region with the goal of educating and growing the clients’ lead generation campaigns across the largest B2B audience of software buyers (Capterra.com and GetApp.com).
As an Account Manager, you are responsible for the management and optimization of hundreds of pay-per-click client campaigns across Capterra and GetApp. This role is a combination of consulting, sales and customer success. You are in direct contact with Marketing Managers/CEOs of B2B software companies to ensure they are meeting their ROI objectives. You will be required to report on overall growth and churn based upon a set of given KPIs and you will report directly to the EMEA Sales Director.
What You will do
- Provide expert knowledge to B2B software vendors . The more you understand their business, the more you will be equipped to challenge and teach them and optimize their return on investment.
- Grow the overall account value . You will identify large growth opportunities (up-selling, cross-selling) across your account portfolio of approx. 300 accounts.
- Onboard new clients. Get new clients started out on the right foot to ensure future campaign success.
- Call and email software vendors . Proactive follow up with our clients - even the quietest clients need a check-in from time to time to make sure things are running smoothly.
You will Be Measured On How Well You
- Onboard new clients . Help them understand what needs to be done to optimize their account and how to measure their ROI.
- Retain your client base . Clients who take the rights steps and understand online lead generation stay with us longer. It’s your job to make sure they’re doing the right thing to see results.
- Upsell new services . You will let your existing clients know about new extra campaign features we develop or expand the services they are already using to help them see more leads.
What You will Need
Is a native level English speaker
Has preferably 2+ years of experience
Is extraordinarily persistent. You don't know the meaning of the word ‘quit’
Has unshakeable optimism, energy and drive. Your energy and optimism shine around you and your vibrant personality makes it easy for people to build a relationship with you. You flourish in a fast-paced environment. No one needs to push you to excel; it’s just who you are
Has excellent verbal & written communication. Influencing skill and knack for phone communication
Has general understanding of online marketing/lead generation campaigns . You understand the general needs of online advertisers and you are able to manage hundreds of campaigns successfully
Is extremely efficient & organized. You have a strong attention to detail, great sense of prioritization, data is your soul food, and you can understand numbers quickly and handle up to dozens of conversations with clients each day
Possesses proficient computer skills
- You don't like challenging people. Online lead generation is a complex job and you need to understand it well enough to challenge your clients and help them see the best results. Relationship building and being friends with your clients will not cut the deal
- High volume of communications stress you out. You find it hard to deal with high volume of accounts and struggle with prioritization
- Rejection gets you down. Sometimes people will say no, and sometimes they'll just ignore you. You need to brush it off, stay positive and seek out those vendors you can connect with to help
And a few reasons why you might love it
- You will have extreme growth potential. As a Gartner company, we can offer you the benefits of a fast-paced entrepreneurial workplace and the professional growth opportunities of a global organization
- You will learn a ton. You will become a better business person as you immerse yourself in the world of technology and entrepreneurship
- The work environment and our team are amazing . We are energetic, smart, driven and have fun while working hard. We dress casually so no fuss
- Your success will be recognized and appreciated. You will be able to see your direct impact on our growth
What we offer
A collaborative, positive culture. You will work with people who are as enthusiastic, smart and driven as you are. You will be managed by the best professionals
Limitless growth and learning opportunities. We offer the excitement of a fast-paced entrepreneurial workplace and the professional growth opportunities of an established global organization
We offer a competitive salary, generous benefits and great perks
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world's leading research and advisory company. The company helps business leaders across all major functions in every industry and enterprise size with the objective insights they need to make the right decisions. Gartner's comprehensive suite of services delivers strategic advice and proven best practices to help clients succeed in their mission-critical priorities. Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A., and has more than 13,000 associates serving clients in 11,000 enterprises in 100 countries. For more information, visit www.gartner.com .
Meet Some of Gartner's Employees
Vice President, Research
Jenny is the go-to girl for any information pertaining to what technology applications clients can use to support social media connections with customers around the world.
Back to top