Gartner Digital Markets supports the technology needs of small and medium sized organizations. The business is comprised of three brands - Software Advice, Capterra and GetApp. As part of Gartner's Digital Markets group, ou r mission is to be the top destination for small businesses making technology purchasing decisions, and to generate the highest quality leads for the software vendors we partner with. For candidates exploring the technology space for their next opportunity, Gartner Digital Markets can offer the excitement of working for a start-up, balanced by the stability of a large established organization, and the opportunity to be on the front lines of innovation in a company that is growing and transforming.
About the Job:
Software Advice, a Gartner company, is a trusted resource for software buyers. Our team of Software Advisors provide free consultations to help software buyers identify systems that will best fit their needs. We've grown our client base significantly in the last year, and we're looking for a hard-working, supremely organized account manager to help us keep all of our customers happy with our service.
What you’ll do:
- Manage your accounts. You’ll foster growth and retention for our clients with proactive outreach to ensure we’re meeting all of their demands, and they understand the scope of our service so they are optimized for success.
- Regularly check in on your clients. The squeaky wheels may get the grease, but even the quietest clients need a check-in from time to time to make sure things are running smoothly
- Get new clients started out on the right foot. You’ll upload their software products to our website and work with the rest of the team to ensure every client enjoys a seamless on-boarding process.
- Write content for client profiles. The user’s experience starts with our website. We need to make sure that everything we post about our clients is unique and correct.
- Manage day-to-day client support. We work with over 1,000 software vendors (and growing!), and there are a variety of support requests that come in every day.
- Retain your current clients. We never like to lose a customer. You’re the type of person who will fight to keep accounts.
- Build trust as a partner for our program. When your client has a question about what to do next and how to improve the program, they come to you because they know you have the answers.
What you'll need:
- A quick thinking brain. You can quickly grasp complex or foreign topics—especially in business and technology—and then communicate them clearly to others.
- Organizational skills. You’re comfortable jumping from one project to another and back without letting anything slip through the cracks.
- An eagle eye for detail. You’re well-versed in proper grammar and spelling and you strive for accuracy in all you do; no mistakes will slip past your keen eye.
- A passion for efficiency. You can juggle multiple projects at once and use consistent organizational techniques to ensure not a moment is wasted.
- Unshakeable optimism and energy. You are confident, happy and vibrant, with the kind of charm that makes people fall in love over the phone (not in a weird way).
- A company-first mentality. You understand what is good for the company and always do the right thing, even when no one on your team is watching.
- A love for all people. This ain’t your first rodeo. You’ve worked in customer service or sales in the past, so you understand the challenges and the rewards of a client-facing role.
Who you are:
- An overachiever. You’ll take your career to the next level. We’ll give you the tools and training you’ll need to succeed and continue to grow.
- Collaborative worker. You’ll work collaboratively among a team of peers who are just as driven by success as you.
- A natural communicator. You’re highly adept at speaking to all personalities, and your verbal and written communication skills are top notch.
- A little bit of a salesperson. We take a sales-leaning approach to support, so you should feel comfortable asking clients to expand their accounts proactively during unrelated support interactions.
What we offer:
- A collaborative, positive culture. You’ll work with people who are as enthusiastic, smart and driven as you are. You’ll be managed by the best too.
- Limitless growth and learning opportunities. We offer the excitement of a fast-paced entrepreneurial workplace and the professional growth opportunities of an established global organization.
- Outstanding compensation. We offer a competitive salary and generous benefits; including a robust time off allowance and great “perks”.
- Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading research and advisory company. We help business leaders across all major functions in every industry and enterprise size with the objective insights they need to make the right decisions.
Our comprehensive suite of services delivers strategic advice and proven best practices to help clients succeed in their mission-critical priorities. Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, USA, and has more than 13,000 associates serving clients in 11,000 enterprises in 100 countries.
Job ID 00020507
Meet Some of Gartner's Employees
Regional Vice President, Sales
Erin oversees more than $40 million of business for Gartner while guiding and supporting five separate teams of account executives throughout the greater New York City territory.
Back to top