Account Executive - Business Development
What makes Gartner Events a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner Worldwide Events you'll be a part of a team that serves more than 60,000 business and technology leaders, including over 8,000 CIOs, at 65+ events each year. You’ll work with smart people, receive continual investment in your talent and learn about the latest in all things digital. With annual event revenue expected to exceed $300 million, our events team has achieved double-digit growth and is positioned to exceed that growth in 2016 and beyond. If you enjoy challenge, connecting with people and are optimistic about your future, don’t miss this opportunity.
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world's leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. From CIOs and senior IT leaders in corporations and government agencies, to business leaders in high-tech and telecom enterprises and professional services firms, to technology investors, we are the valuable partner to clients in over 13,000 distinct organizations. Through the resources of Gartner Research, Gartner Executive Programs, Gartner Consulting and Gartner Events, we work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, USA.
The Account Executive role is a field sales role responsible for driving sponsorship revenue for Gartner Events, with a worldwide territory and opportunity to travel nationally and internationally to build C-level relationships with leading technology and solution providers to drive revenue.
- Consultand build trusted value added relationships with C-level executives to support their business goals by effectively presenting and articulating Gartner solutions.
- Strong business development and prospecting skills to drive net new business for Gartner Events.
- Account management with outcome of increased customer satisfaction and increase in retention & account growth.
- Annual quota responsibility of $2million+ with a worldwide territory.
- Mastery and consistent execution of Gartner's internal sales methodology.
- Proficient in account planning and understanding of territory management.
- Manage forecast accuracy on a monthly/quarterly/annual basis.
- Solid business acumen and industry expertise.
- Liaise face-to-face with key decision makers nationally and internationally.
- 5 years of sales and business development experience, preferably experience in high technology.
- Knowledge of the full life cycle of the sales process from prospecting to close.
- Strong interest/experience in Information Technology.
- Ability to prospect and manage C-level and senior level relationships within large and medium organisations.
- Strong demonstration of intellect, drive, executive presence, and sales acumen.
- Proven experience building excellent client relationships, offering value added, insightful and strategic insight into their business.
- Strong computer proficiency.
- Excellent written and oral/presentation skills.
- Solid industry specific and account knowledge.
- Bachelors degree with strong evidence of success
- Ability to travel nationally and internationally to Gartner Events, client meetings, competitive events.
Listen directly from what Gartner Sales Professionals have to say: http://gartnerinfo.com/recruitment/
Job Requisition ID:G19560
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
Job ID G19560
Back to top