Account Executive- Boston
- Boston, MA
What makes Gartner Sales a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner Sales, you’ll set your career on track for outstanding achievement with a company that knows no limits. We’re the leader in our industry, achieving double-digit growth by helping clients make the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our sales associates earn a competitive base salary, uncapped commissions and exceptional benefits—along with top training and support, and all-expense-paid luxury incentive trips for high performers. If you’re coachable, persistent, smart, executive-savvy, and looking for your next great adventure, Gartner is the place for you.
Are you looking for a fast-paced career with outstanding advancement potential at a global market leader? If so, think about Gartner. The world's leading research and advisory company, Gartner (NYSE:IT) delivers the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right business decisions, every day. We are seeking highly motivated, achievement-driven sales associates to contribute to our double-digit growth, backed by the solid infrastructure of a world-class sales organization. In addition to a competitive base salary, uncapped commissions and exceptional benefits, Gartner sales associates can enjoy generous performance-based rewards, including all-expense-paid trips to exotic locations around the world. Come be a part of our incredible growth organization!
This Account Executive role is responsible for both direct client contract value retention as well as growth through contract expansion and the introduction of new products and services. This position is typically focused on a single strategic account (large, multi-national companies) and is responsible for driving new business within that account, carrying a sales quota aligned with the specific account. This role is responsible for:
• Consult with C-level executives to develop and implement an effective, enterprise-wide strategy that maximizes the value delivered by Gartner's products and services
• Account management with outcome of increased customer satisfaction and increase in retention & account growth
• Quota responsibility aligned with specific accounts
• Mastery and consistent execution of Gartner's internal sales
• Proficient in account planning and understanding of territory management
• Manage forecast accuracy on a monthly/quarterly/annual basis
• Maintain competitive knowledge & focus
• Fiscal responsibility with regards to expense management
• In-depth knowledge of Gartner's products and services
• 8+ years external experience with proven consultative sales, preferably experience in high technology (services, software or hardware), with evidence of prior success in Sales.
• Ability to prospect and manage C-level and senior level relationships within large multi-national organizations
• Strong demonstration of intellect, drive, executive presence, sales acumen
• Proven experience building excellent client relationships, offering value added, insightful and strategic insight into their business
• Strong computer proficiency
• Excellent written and oral/presentation skills
• Ability to develop and conduct effective presentations with contract decision makers (c-level)
• Knowledge of the full life cycle of the sales process from prospecting to close
• Language requirements as determined by territory needs
• Bachelors degree, with strong evidence of success in school
• Masters or advanced degree a plus
Job Requisition ID:30158
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
Back to top