What makes Gartner Sales a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll set your career on track for outstanding achievement with a company that knows no limits. We’re the world’s leading research and advisory company, achieving consistent double-digit growth by steering clients toward the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our sales associates earn a competitive base salary, uncapped commissions and exceptional benefits — along with top training and support, and all-expenses-paid luxury incentive trips for high performers. If you’re coachable, persistent, smart, executive-savvy, and looking for your next great adventure, Gartner is the place for you.
Who we are
Are you looking for a dynamic career with excellent advancement potential at a global market leader? If so, consider Gartner, the world's leading research and advisory company. Gartner delivers the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right business decisions, every day.
What we do
Gartner partners with C-suite executives across all industries to provide market research and best practices and advisory services, enabling them to address their business-critical decisions through data-driven research. Gartner has experienced almost a decade worth of double-digit growth, which demonstrates how Gartner has succeeded in helping businesses navigate their mission-critical priorities.
What you’ll do
The Account Executive is a field sales role responsible for both direct client contract value retention as well as growth through contract expansion and the introduction of new products and services. The territory for this role includes specific major client accounts.
- Consult with C-level executives to develop and implement an effective, enterprise-wide strategy that improves the value delivered by Gartner s products and services
- Account management with outcome of increased customer happiness and increase in retention & account growth
- Handle forecast accuracy on a monthly/quarterly/annual basis
- Demonstration of intellect, drive, executive presence, sales acumen
- Proven experience building excellent client relationships, offering benefited, insightful and strategic insight into their business
What you’ll need
- Masters or advanced degree a plus
- 6-10 years external experience with validated consultative sales, preferably experience in high technology (services, software or hardware), with evidence of prior success in Sales
- Proficient in account planning and understanding of territory management
- Ability to prospect and run C-level and senior level relationships within medium and large organizations
- Strong computer proficiency
- Excellent written and verbal Japanese presentation skills
- Knowledge of the full life cycle of the sales process from prospecting to close
- Bachelor’s degree, with strong evidence of success in school
Who you are
- Comfortable selling to, influencing and building trust-based, value-added relationships with senior executives
- Able to solve complex problems and successfully manage ambiguity and unexpected change
- Teachable and embracing of best practices and feedback as a means of continuous improvement
- Consistently high achiever marked by perseverance, humility and a positive outlook in the face of challenges
What we offer
- Outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential
- Exceptional compensation and benefits
- Uncapped commissions
Job Requisition ID:G19293
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
See Inside the Office of Gartner
Gartner is known as the world's leading research and advisory company. But what exactly does that mean? Gartner's teams conduct research, then design products and services based on those objective insights to help clients make the right decisions and be successful. The focus is C-suite senior executives and their teams across the enterprise.
Back to top