Project Manager - Securities and Complex Financial Products
Manage all components of an extensive caseload with responsibility for budgeting, profitability, and timely completion of case administration tasks. Looking for candidates with an understanding of securities and complex financial products.
- Manage project set-up from start-up memo and fact sheet to assist with designating key personnel to be assigned to support the project.
- Create project implementation schedule based on court and business documents and track project deliverables keeping management apprised of successful completion.
- Develop project policies and procedures in accordance with Court documents including Settlement Agreements and client direction overseeing case website development.
- Identify all project tasks; track critical project dates and deadlines; plan and coordinate project logistics; implement and track timely completion of tasks for all assigned cases in coordination with appropriate team members and departments.
- Coordinate the development and implementation of project processing screens and program to calculae award to class members with Systems Department.
- Manage the processing of claims in adherence to Settlement Agreements or other Court documents and procedures provided; handle administrative project mail and supervisor queue.
- Update tracking logs, organize and track documentation, and report statistics to client and interested parties. Conduct Workflow, production, and staff utilization analyses by case.
- Draft and review error-free affidavits, declarations, notices, IVR’s, claim forms, and reports as required by project documents and client requirements.
- Develop budgetary requirements for each case and track case progress through the Finance department, reporting results to Senior Management.
- Act as liaison between other departments, such as Quality Assurance, Systems, Communications, Banking, GCG Communications and Intake and Dissemination. Supervise project staff in achievement of project requirements, including training on procedures and protocols, evaluating and monitoring progress by performing audits and providing additional support and training as required.
- Respond to calls, mail, and e-mail received from claimants on a variety of issues as defined by the project. Develop and direct the appropriate responses to claimants from the communications team.
- Provide management with project status; respond to client inquiries, and provide client updates. Responsible for project closure.
- Serve as central point for media buying, determining requirements by case and communicating with buyers to place media.
- Ability to write reports, correspondence, and procedures for case management.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing and with responsiveness to other managers, clients, and claimants.
- Computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office and solid knowledge of database administration through Excel and Access.
- Ability to read, interpret, and analyze Settlement Agreements and other Court documents to direct the work of others.
- Working knowledge of Pacer or other federal docketing system.
- Bachelor of Arts degree and five years legal related experience and/or training in class action or litigation focused employment or equivalent combination of education and experience in the legal profession.
- Ability to sit for prolonged periods at a computer.
- Fast-paced environment with deadlines often demanding prolonged work hours for completion of projects.
- Keyboarding 75% of time.
Meet Some of Garden City Group's Employees
Associate General Counsel
Stephanie supports teams across GCG, along with other in-house counsel, by providing day-to-day legal services that affect everything from employment and corporate matters to data security.
Back to top