The Training and Development Professional is responsible for the conceptualization, design and delivery of multi-tiered training programs geared to fit the needs of general on-boarding, operationally specific and task oriented learning, and staff development. The ideal candidate would possess the skills and experience necessary to promote processes improvement ideas on the executive level that support the organization’s goals and objectives. Likewise, the position requires creating pro-active and responsive solutions to business needs and enhancing organizational performance.
- Conduct effective needs assessment. Work with management, supervisors and employees to gain knowledge of work situations requiring training and to better understand changes in policies, procedures, regulations, business initiatives and technologies.
- Formulate teaching outline and conduct training sessions using a variety of instructional methods, such as individual training, group instruction, lectures, demonstrations, conferences, meetings and workshops.
- Guide and support senior level employees in identifying their career goals and the necessary strategies for achieving them in conjunction with department goals.
- Select or develop teaching aids such as training handbooks, demonstration models, multimedia visual aids, computer tutorials, and reference works.
- Test trainees to measure progress and effectiveness of training. Assist with problems concerning how to perform specific tasks related to their position.
- Report on progress of employees under guidance during training periods.
- BA/BS required in Training, Business or related field
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in designing, developing and delivering programs in a Corporate environment
- Demonstrated skill with classroom facilitation to make clear and persuasive presentation and facilitate large group meetings
- Experience in learning management system management and administration
- Strong interpersonal and oral/written communication skills with the ability to interface with all levels of management and associates both internally and externally
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, with attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to make sound, independent judgments within established policies and procedures
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple, concurrent assignments while meeting deadlines and quality execution
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative in providing new ideas to improve process efficiencies and to support organizational goals
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and desktop publishing
- Financial Securities background and Six Sigma Certifications are preferred
Meet Some of Garden City Group's Employees
Associate General Counsel
Stephanie supports teams across GCG, along with other in-house counsel, by providing day-to-day legal services that affect everything from employment and corporate matters to data security.
Back to top