Data Analyst II
For three decades, GCG, has been the recognized leader in providing legal administrative services for class action, mass tort and bankruptcy cases. In fact, we are the first claims administrator to have earned SOC 2, Type 1 certification.
The breadth and depth of our experience, responsiveness, global resources and state-of-the-art technology have made us the recognized leader in our field and the partner of choice for leading law firms, corporate legal departments, government agencies and other legal professionals requiring our unique administrative support.
With more attorneys than any other firm in our business, and a staff of more than 500 that includes a team of software engineers, call center professionals, in-house legal advertising specialists and graphic artists with extensive website design experience, GCG’s resources are unparalleled in the industry. We have offices coast-to-coast and are ready at a moment’s notice to provide cost-effective administration services tailored to the needs of each case, regardless of its size or complexity.
We currently have the following opportunity available in our Seattle, WA office:
The Data Analyst II is responsible for researching project specific information to prepare targeted reports developed to support operational needs, producing and/or confirming various reports, as dictated by a project schedule, and working with team members to implement automated versions of reporting.
This position will also provide necessary support to address requests that are not otherwise handled by standard project reporting, developing new insights into available information for the benefit of Senior Management and GCG as a whole.
The Data Analyst II position reports directly to the Assistant Director of Systems & Technology.
- Research information relevant to claim eligibility and processing in project databases (SQL), respond to project management requirements supporting the long term goals of each assigned project;
- Validate report results for consistency with similar reports and to determine logical process given the circumstances of each project;
- Work with team members to improve the accuracy and efficiency of resource intensive or high priority reports;
- Implement or coordinate database functionality to produce ongoing reports on an automated basis;
- Prepare summary level reports on project activity to support Operations personnel and responding to Operations requested client inquiries.
The Data Analyst communicates clearly with external teams and senior team members regarding questions or assumptions that may affect deliverables. The Data Analyst will work with junior team members to establish the scope of complex requests and provide assistance wherever necessary. Deliverables produced by the Data Analyst will be subject to team verification to ensure accuracy and feedback.
Successful performance depends upon the ability to deliver accurate and complete results in a timely manner. Inaccurate reporting leads to additional efforts to recreate a report and/or lead to a loss of trust from a client (if not identified prior to circulation), potentially leading to a loss of revenue. Organization and the capability to interpret complex relationships within data provide the Data Analyst with tools necessary for success.
Focus on billable projects to the greatest extent possible. Efficiency is a key to success at GCG, since a project’s billable hours may be limited from the start: delivering the maximum value to our clients in a limited timeframe is everyone’s responsibility.
- Associate of Science degree in information technologies;
- 3-5 years’ experience as a Data Analyst working with SQL, preferably focused on Microsoft SQL Server 2008 or later, or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Experience with multiple components of SQL Server, including Reporting Services, Analysis Services, and/or Integration Services.
- Ability to own assigned tasks and deliver a quality work-product, in coordination with team members as necessary;
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office, most importantly Excel;
- Strong analytical or mathematical background;
- Knowledge of, or experience with, Version Control software (Red Gate preferred);
- Familiarity with SharePoint, PowerShell, and C# preferred;
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills;
- Communication skills allowing interpretation of operational needs into system requirements (and vice-versa);
- Deductive reasoning and the capability to interpret available information into a logical conclusion;
- Willingness to meet client demands in support of the entire team;
- Perseverance under pressure and a strong work ethic.
- Computer-oriented position necessitating work in front of a computer screen and seated throughout the majority of the work day;
- Fast-paced with high volume and deadline and client driven requirements, often demanding extended work hours for completion of projects;
- Multi-tasking necessary to ensure all aspects of caseload are proactively completed;
Ability to lift heavy objects of up to 50 lbs. may be requested to support the needs of other departments during busy periods.
Please forward resume and cover letter with salary requirements.
Learn more about our growing business at www.gardencitygroup.com.
This position is not eligible for relocation assistance.
Garden City Group, LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performance by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position.
Meet Some of Garden City Group's Employees
Associate General Counsel
Stephanie supports teams across GCG, along with other in-house counsel, by providing day-to-day legal services that affect everything from employment and corporate matters to data security.
Back to top