Web Graphic Designer
As a global specialty retailer, Banana Republic is focused on delivering versatile, contemporary classics. Our customers seek to make the most of every moment. How we do it is just as important as what we do. We value people who are confident, optimistic and curious, because we believe in unleashing creativity and greatness every day.
Banana Republic Creative Team is seeking an exceptional Web Graphic Designer to hire as soon as possible. This individual must be a polished designer interested in leading the Banana Republic with their digital site and email experience.
The Designer will be responsible for conceptual development and innovative creative solutions for all digital marketing strategies, as well as, designing print components such as signage and in-store marketing. This individual will take projects from brainstorm phase through launch for a host of marketing vehicles such as email, mobile/desktop digital projects. In this role, the Designer will frequently be tasked with delivering multiple creative solutions to complex business problems, while partnering closely with other Designers, Marketers, Merchants, Content Developers and the UI/UX teams. This individual reports under a Senior Designer.
- Design materials that enhance the BR brand and the overall customer experience
- Design elevated and effective site and email experiences under the supervision of a Sr. Designer
- Drive innovation with editorial approach
- Ensure designs work within a responsive design system; reflects the BR brand look-and-feel by following brand standards and actively help develop graphic standards
- Concept stories that work across digital + print platforms and transition them into final production-ready layouts
- Follow brand standards and actively develop graphic standards
- Present work to business partners and senior management
- Work with Jr. Designers and production team to carry through the execution of design layouts
- Effectively communicate functionality and strategy to web-content-developers and print production team
- Work closely and collaborate with cross-functional teams including marketing, production, photo, and merchandising
- 3-5 years of web graphic design experience; an understanding of responsive design and social media is a plus.
- Experience successfully partnering and directing visual UX designers to execute a final responsive design. Knowledge of the software development process and ability to communicate well with software development teams.
- Strong project management skills and ability to influenc e others as well as individual contributor. Able to work well in cross-functional teams.
- Extremely detail-oriented, flexible and able to work in a fast-paced, demanding environment simultaneously contributing to multiple projects each with aggressive development schedules.
- Strong communication skills. Able to present concepts in a clear and convincing manner to a broad range of audiences - from executives to software developers.
- Proficient in Adobe CC: primarily Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
- At least two references and portfolio demonstrating type and layout skills as well as variety.
- BA/BFA in Graphic Design.
- Team player.
On-line Portfolio required when submitting your resume
This is not a UX/UI technical position .
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Back to top