Web Content Developer
Our past is full of iconic moments - but our future is going to spark many more. We're looking for the people who'll help make our next decade just as revolutionary as our first five. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love tomake a difference, you're the right fit. Come grow with us.
At Gap Inc., we work hard and play hard together. Our goal is simple. When it comes to the best products and advice, we want to be the ultimate source for active men.
We're looking for confident, adventurous, soulful, fun-loving, high-performing and service-oriented individuals who have technical excellence in their fields, show extraordinary potential, and can embrace new ideas and thrive in our ever-changing environment.
• Experience and understanding of responsive web content development
• Write optimized code for maximum speed and scalability.
• Build reusable templates, widgets and code for team
• Troubleshoot coding issues and bugs
• Collaborate with Design team to incorporate visual design into functional web pages.
• Form and work in close partnerships with other Web Content Developers, brand production teams and brand web design.
• List current responsibilities of the role, such as financial responsibilities, goals, team leadership, and cross-functional leadership commitments.
• 2 years minimum web site production and programming experience
• 2 years of college or equivalent experience
• Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
• Basic understanding of UX principles
• Experience building websites based on a grid system or utilizing Design Systems
• Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that application will adhere to them
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong organizational and time management skills. Quick Learner, excellent problem solver
• Ability to turn around project quickly and efficiently; Ability to excel in a team environment
• Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects under tight deadlines
• Ecommerce site development preferred
• User Interface design background preferred.
• Demandware experience a plus.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top