Wave Planner - Fishkill Fulfillment Center
Our past is full of iconic moments - but our future is going to spark many more. We're looking for the people who'll help make our next decade just as revolutionary as our first five. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, you're the right fit. Come grow with us.
The role of Wave Planner is responsible for the day to day flow distribution and planning (Waving) of all work assignments at the fulfillment center.This role is a key member of our operational team as he/she will work directly with all areas of the center to insure proper balance of assignments while meeting all service level agreements to our customers (SLA).This position is classified as an hourly role that works closely with all departmental associates with the assignment and monitoring of all tasks.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO KNOW:
The successful candidate for this role will be a dynamic thinker and a part of a hardworking winning team.This person will be performing duties needed to process orders by the client. This includes: using the FC Warehouse Control System (WCS) POET to distribute work across the available labor pool.A wave planner in FISHKILL will need to have a strong understanding of priorities and manage priorities and expedite accordingly. This position reports to the Product Flow Manager and is responsible for planning and analyzing the available order pool which accumulates in our warehouse management system MANHATTAN (WMS).The wave planner is solely charged with the responsibility of organizing these customer orders and flowing them through our processing methods using a selection of other warehouse controls (WCS).This role determines our success in providing our customers with the timely service they expect.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Solely charged with the role of maintaining our available work to be completed by the FC within the WMS, MANHATTAN.
- Responsible for the timely and proper assignment of assignments to our staff using the WCS, POET.
- Monitors work flow and balance between key areas of Inbound, Replenishment, Manual Pick, ASRS and Pick/Packing areas.
- Monitors all conveyance using HMI or TGW commander software within the FC to insure proper timing and delivery of tasks to their assigned area or zone.
- Monitors and organizes all order chute configurations to insure proper availability compared to our current order profile.
- Identifies and prioritizes any corrections needed to organize delayed flow or demand to the assigned zones.
- Identifies and corrects work slowness or stoppage to prevent late orders.
- Performs data entry to support accurate scheduling and reporting of operational metrics.
- Collaborates with GAP partners in support of process improvements and cost reductions.
- Supports campus safety program as outlined by our company guidelines.
- Support campus loss-prevention as outlined by our company guidelines.
Performs other duties as assigned by leadership in support of operations.
This position reports to Director of Operations.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES:
It's important you know that this is a demanding job that requires an individual to be mobile and aware of the overall operational flow and objectives. As part of your essential job functions you will be required to:
• Strong ability to organize efforts in a dynamic operation.
• Have a strong ability or understanding of WMS or WCS planning software.
• Ability to communicate clearly in both verbal and written manner.
• Ability to organize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
• Strong understanding of MICROSOFT OFFICE programs.
• Evaluates work processes for efficiency
• Investigates and resolves work flow issues
• Follows all safety guidelines and performs in a safe and careful manner
WORKING CONDITIONS and PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
• Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
• Must be able to bend, stoop, kneel, grasp products and climb stairs on a continuous basis.
• Facilities are climate controlled but not air conditioned.
• Education - High School diploma or general education degree (GED).
• Experience - 2-4 years of experience in a warehouse, distribution, or manufacturing environment
Previous wave planning/expediting experience preferred
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Back to top