Visual Stylist - Houston Premium
About Banana Republic
Banana Republic was founded with an explorer's spirit and a desire to venture to new places, beyond the boundaries of the everyday. Our clothing is designed for a life with no boundaries.
We travel near and far in search of the finest materials and fabric innovations to infuse style with substance, because we believe that what you wear should open a world of possibilities. And the people that make up Banana Republic share the same qualities as our brand: curious, connected, undaunted by boundaries. Sound like you? Join us for the adventure of what's next.
About the role
Responsible for creating a compelling shopping environment by ensuring elevated execution of all company standards related to the visual presentation of brand merchandise. Responsible for driving results and enhancing the customer experience by ensuring that each visual moment represents the best of the merchandise the store has to offer. Role models Gap Inc. behaviors in all actions and interactions.
What you'll do
- Responsible for the consistent daily styling and upkeep of all mannequins, bust forms and Henry Hangers within the location and in alignment with Banana Republic Brand Aesthetic.
- Ensures that seasonal styling strategies & standards are implemented and maintained at all times.
- Works with MP Leaders to prioritize and delegate styling workload as necessary.
- Utilizes the seasonal Concept Book to create a compelling store experience when creating visual moments on mannequins, bust forms and Henry hangers.
- Coordinates placement, storage and disposal of all props, display elements and fixtures.
- Organizes and maintains visual storage area.
- Displays a "customer is the priority" mindset at all times.
- Consistently treats all Banana Republic customers and employees with respect and contributes to a positive work environment.
- Promotes a safe working and shopping environment and to maximize the customer shopping experience.
- Upholds all company policies as outlined in the Policy and Procedure Manual, including the Code of Business Conduct and the Employee Policy Guide.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Minimum 2 years experience with fashion styling and/or visual fashion retail experience
- Knowledge of current fashion trends
- High level of accuracy, attention to detail and ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers and store and corporate employees
- Ability to lift and carry 30 pounds
- Ability to maneuver around sales floor and stockroom
- Open availability & flexibility to work nights, weekends, store openings and closings according to the needs of the business
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- See more of the benefits we offer.
For eligible employees
Back to top