Visual Stylist - 67th & Broadway
As a global specialty retailer, Banana Republic is focused on delivering versatile, contemporary classics. Our customers seek to make the most of every moment. How we do it is just as important as what we do. We value people who are confident, optimistic and curious, because we believe in unleashing creativity and greatness every day.
Responsible for creating a compelling shopping environment by ensuring elevated execution of all company standards related to the visual presentation of brand merchandise. Responsible for driving results and enhancing the customer experience by ensuring that each visual moment represents the best of the merchandise the store has to offer. Role models Gap Inc. behaviors in all actions and interactions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the consistent daily styling and upkeep of all mannequins, bust forms and Henry Hangers within the location and in alignment with Banana Republic Brand Aesthetic.
- Ensures that seasonal styling strategies & standards are implemented and maintained at all times.
- Works with MP Leaders to prioritize and delegate styling workload as necessary.
- Utilizes the seasonal Concept Book to create a compelling store experience when creating visual moments on mannequins, bust forms and Henry hangers.
- Coordinates placement, storage and disposal of all props, display elements and fixtures.
- Organizes and maintains visual storage area.
- Displays a "customer is the priority" mindset at all times.
- Consistently treats all Banana Republic customers and employees with respect and contributes to a positive work environment.
- Promotes a safe working and shopping environment and to maximize the customer shopping experience.
- Upholds all company policies as outlined in the Policy and Procedure Manual, including the Code of Business Conduct and the Employee Policy Guide.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Minimum 2 years experience with fashion styling and/or visual fashion retail experience
- Knowledge of current fashion trends
- High level of accuracy, attention to detail and ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers and store and corporate employees
- Ability to lift and carry 30 pounds
- Ability to maneuver around sales floor and stockroom
- Open availability & flexibility to work nights, weekends, store openings and closings according to the needs of the business
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top