Visual Floor Manager - Lakeside
GENERAL SUMMARY: The Visual Floor Manager supports the Store Manager in: driving results, by providing direction on visual standards and ensuring the implementation of the visual strategy to create a visually stunning store. The Visual Floor Manager trains, develops and manages Sales Associates, and supports the Store Manager to achieve maximum sales. The Visual Floor Managers role is to constantly look for new opportunities and ways of working that will create a better business and acts as the manager on duty in the absence of the Store/Assistant Manager.
Drives Business Results
- Accountable for assisting the Store Manager with controllable costs in store and ensure compliance to store targets.
- Manages Sub 2 through effective vacation scheduling and management of sickness in store.
- Drives the analysis of performance through the business KPI's.
Ambassador for the Store and Brand
- Assists in leading the store team to deliver the best customer store experience in retail through:
- Visual execution and optimal use of both space and fixtures
- Creating beautifully styled mannequin and wall displays
- Creating exciting window and internal displays
- Shop floor replenishment.
- Customer outfitting/Personal stylists
- Develops and trains sales-oriented Associates equipped with product knowledge
- Identifies and resolves problem areas within visual merchandising
- Supports the store management team to provide outstanding leadership to the store team generating high levels of motivation and commitment.
- Supports the store management in the execution of the stores people plan.
- Provides coaching and development to ensure the store is constantly striving to up-grade and develop its talent.
- Ensures performance and potential is monitored continuously to provide a knowledgeable and effective associate resource through IDPs.
- Live performance Management, supporting the performance management process in store with the Managers to create a climate of high quality feedback, coaching and development.
- Creates training and development plans using IDPs.
- Ensures full training for all employees.
- Ensures shelf availability, data integrity, shrink control, P&P compliance.
- Ensures compliance with statutory and policy led controls.
- Delivers proposed action or programs initiated to reduce shrinkage levels in store. Monitors the effectiveness of such programs.
- Supports the training of store employees on loss prevention related areas.
Unit 1A, The Junction,
- Proven leadership and communication skills
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to influence staff
- Must have high sense of urgency with demonstrated ability to work independently and to make effective decisions in a timely manner
- Allocates time effectively, handles multiple demands and competing priorities
- Demonstrated management skills of supervising others
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business may require weekends and evening shifts. Overnights may be required.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top