Vice President - Sustainability Field Operations
The VP, Field Operations, is accountable for the successful implementation of sustainability and foundation team strategies in the "field", including assessment & remediation programs, environmental programs, and P.A.C.E. The VP will lead the field organization which is made up of employees across the globe, including South Asia, SE Asia, China and the Americas. The VP is tasked with building and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders including internal business partners in Gap Inc's supply chain, Government authorities, NGO partners and factor/mill vendors. The role is the senior level "conduit" to the Sustainability and Foundation leadership team - informing them of opportunities, successes and actions to be taken in their programs based on the knowledge the VP brings from the field.
- Drives Results
- Change Leadership
- Collaboration & Influencing
- The VP will lead a team of multi-level professionals based in multiple countries.
- The VP is a member of the Sustainability and Foundation Leadership Team and represents Gap Inc's Social Responsibility strategy as it is executed globally.
- This role is the primary contact with category leadership in Sourcing teams, representing Sustainability function.
- This role partners with the SVP of Sustainability & Foundation to develop Gap Inc's Assessment and Remediation strategy; the role partners with content owners on the Foundation and Innovation team to develop Gap Inc's strategies on women, youth and environment, with focus on how it is executed globally.
- This role is based in Hong Kong
- Lead multi-country team in execution of Gap Inc Sustainability and Foundation programs
- Represent Gap Inc's Social Responsibility strategy and programs to Gap Inc leaders in the field, Government officials, NGOs, factory/mill leaders and all other stakeholders
- Develop and maintain key strategic partnerships in market with stakeholders, including sourcing teams
- Be the channel for sustainability trends in market - develop "feedback" loop with other members of leadership team to ensure voice of field is part of the development of strategies
- Own local partnerships with field stakeholders including NGOs, Government partners and mills/factory owner
- Develop the assessment & remediation protocol and ensure field teams understand and can execute
- Accountable for field execution of all sustainability and foundation programs
- Lead the development of implementation plans for Sustainability and Foundation programs including Women, Water, Environment, PACE, and Foundation
- Responsible for the management assessment and remediation strategies and execution of action plans
- Assist in the localization of program collateral to ensure relevancy for audiences
- Own quality control of programs in field
- Accountable for successful execution of programs in accordance to established methodologies, commitments, licenses
- Ensure strategy is represented appropriately in all program materials
- Execute methodology to observe program execution and to report metrics for stakeholders
- Own monitoring and control of programs to ensure compliance to Gap Inc Sustainability standards
Knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Proven track record driving strategies in a global organization
- Think strategically, conceptually and decisively.
- Formulate strategies and shorter-term tactical plans that are cost-effective, efficient and realistic.
- Demonstrate strong management skills.
- Defend and effectively sell a point of view to both peers and upper management.
- Analyze a problem skillfully, formulate a logical rationale for the decision and take action.
- Be aware of the impact and implications of decisions on other components of the organization.
- Support smart risk taking.
- Display managerial courage.
- Adapt easily to diverse audiences and environments.
- Maintain a cooperative team environment that promotes high performance standards and attainment of goals.
- Accurately assess employee strengths and developmental needs.
- Direct subordinates effectively towards the accomplishment of tasks and goals.
- Delegate responsibility and decision-making appropriately to other personnel.
- Be open-minded to and tolerant of others' opinions.
- Ability to travel domestically and Globally approximately 25% of year
- Experience as a VP Field or equivalent.
- 10 years of retail experience.
- 5-7 years of management/leadership experience in a complex, matrixed organization.
Back to top