Vice President - Real Estate
Our past is full of iconic moments - but our future is going to spark many more. We're looking for the people who'll help make our next decade just as revolutionary as our first five. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, you're the right fit. Come grow with us.
The VP Real Estate leads the North American field real estate team to execute Gap Inc's Real Estate Strategy. This person is responsible to steer the real estate capital allocation process and creatively drive opportunities to maximize return on investment in Rent & Occupancy (ROD). This role is accountable for the formulation and execution of real estate strategies and provides leadership and direct participation in preparing market plan and externally promotes Gap Inc.'s best interests within the Real Estate communities. This position is a key member of the Global Real Estate Leadership Team.
- Oversee the Real Estate pipeline process ensuring efficient, timely, quality property decisions including timely opening of stores and maximization of revenue weeks.
- Provide strategic direction and leadership to the North America Real Estate teams.
- Build strong real estate talent and capability aligned to achieve strategic objectives.
- Ensure teams follow established strategies, pipeline, and deal processes.
- Creatively drive opportunities to maximize return on investment and reduce costs with strong financial focus on ROD.
- Provide strategic point of view, input and influence on all brands to develop and enterprise and brand specific strategies, growth and financial plans.
- Build strong partnership with Real Estate executives across Gap Inc. (such as Legal, Finance Architecture, Store Design & Construction etc.) and Brand executives to ensure effective execution of store capital and lease actions.
- Develop and maintain key real estate and retailing industry relationships including landlords, brokers and retailers.
- Provide support to the Global Brand Presidents and Country GMs as needed in conjunction with high profile deals worldwide.
- Minimum of 15+ years' experience in Retail Real Estate.
- Strong industry reputation and a track record of building relationships with Retail Brokers, Major Developers and Landlords.
- Extensive knowledge of specialty store and "Big Box" retailing in shopping mall, power center and street retailing environments.
- Prior experience with larger landlord/real estate developers, including portfolio partners and outlet centers.
- Thorough knowledge in and experience with advanced negotiation strategies and techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships, communicate and provide leadership in a Retail organization.
- Ability to develop, motivate and inspire a real estate team.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of legal and regulatory issues related to Retail Real Estate deals.
- Strong executive presence; excellent interpersonal skills; articulate communicator with strong retail financial; analytical and accounting skills.
- Adept at working in multicultural environments.
- Bachelor's degree related field / business administration required. Masters in related field / business administration preferred.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Back to top