Vice President - Product Strategy & Operations
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you're choosing a different path. From day one, we've been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. Today, customers can find fabulous fashion at affordable prices online and in one of our 1,000+ stores globally. Old Navy celebrates a workplace that's just as diverse as our customers. Fun, fashion, family and value are at the heart of everything we do. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we're family.
Old Navy - a brand for everyone a place for you!
Overview: The Vice President, Product Strategy & Operations will act as an advisor to Brand President and the Old Navy Leadership Team to identify, develop and drive long-term strategies and initiatives for the brand that will result in profitable growth and improved operational performance.
- Strategic Orientation
- Innovation Cultivator
- Customer Impact
- Collaboration & Influencing
- Lead and manage cross-functional strategic initiatives.Examples of activities:
- Identify key issues, structure problems, and develop work plans
- Structure and review analyses
- Lead cross-functional workstreams
- Synthesize findings, develop presentations, and communicate action items and recommendations to senior management and leadership team
- Oversee execution of select initiatives
- Lead and develop the brand's annual long-range planning process.Elements include overseeing required quantitative and qualitative analyses (e.g., market and competitor assessments, consumer insights research), writing presentations for Leadership team and Board of Directors.Partner with Leadership Team and business partners as necessary
- Lead and develop the Old Navy Product Strategy & Operations team
- Serve as a liaison with business partners outside of Strategy at all levels
Managing and Leading Others
- Proven experience in managing teams including ability to provide direction, understand resource capability and successfully drive results working with direct reports, business partners and/or external resources
- Able to recruit and retain talented individuals; recognizes and addresses individual development opportunities
- Ability to influence across the organization at multiple levels. Demonstrated track record as proactive trusted advisor /"thought leader" in an organization, particularly around strategic issues to drive results
- Exceptional interpersonal skills: can lead cross-functional teams at all levels of the company.
- Approaches conflicts as opportunities; understands others quickly; can find common ground without comprising total position
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to work independently and with teams interchangeably
- Strong oral, written and formal presentation skills including ability to communicate complex ideas in a simple way
- Strong executive presence and command skills
- Excellent project management skills and ability to effectively juggle multiple projects at one time
- Ability to lead large scale, cross-functional, global initiatives
Creativity and Innovation
- Ability to generate innovative insights from analysis and develop and implement new methodologies and analyses to drive actionable results
- Able to work in and bring structure to ambiguous environments
- Able to bring creative problem solving to a wide range of issues, from strategic to operational and process improvement
- 10+ years of strategy experience, which resulted in improved performance in a global business
- Management consulting and retail and/or consumer experience strongly preferred
- MBA strongly preferred
- Demonstrated ability in leading and influencing change, while having earned the respect of leaders at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated ability to shape and influence the strategic agenda and priorities for a global business
- Track record as an outstanding problem-solver and strategic thinker
- Able to quickly identify key issues and develop hypotheses
- Able to work in and bring structure to ambiguous environments
- Able to structure complex, cross-functionally dependent problems and design approaches to identify the "answer" and ensure implementation
- Strong analytic and financial modeling skills, with deep understanding of how to link strategy to financial plans and analytics
- Able to synthesize disperse information into effective strategies and innovative insights, translating complex ideas into simple, actionable recommendations
- Excellent retail business acumen
- Demonstrated understanding of retail and consumer-facing businesses
- Able to assess impact of decisions on overall business
- On-line and international experience a plus
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top