Vice President, Product Management
This Vice President of Product Management role is a newly created leadership role within our Customer Strategy Organization and Digital Community. The Vice President, Product Management leads a team that creates business strategies that define strategic digital products to drive innovation supporting the customer experience at Gap Inc. This position reports to the SVP, Digital, and works in partnership with other the parts of the Customer Strategy Team and our portfolio of brands: Gap, Old Navy, Banana Republic, Athleta, Weddington Way and Intermix to develop and execute against customer strategies and initiatives.
This individual will direct our Product Management Team to be customer-focused, innovative, fast and results-oriented. Establishes and communicates a vision and ensures that strategies and initiatives align with long-term corporate strategies and demonstrable financial EBITDA benefits. The leader in this role will have experience across a broad range of retail and technology products, retail/omni-channel operations, mobile and ecommerce, and a track record that represents an ability for smart risk-taking in technology investment strategies. Embodies and models collaborative way of working across multiple technology and non-technology functions and groups. This leader is a role model and a mentor in the functional area as well as across the business.
This role leads the Product Management Organization, a team of approximately 45 people. Product Management Leaders interface with business leaders across brands and functions and work very closely with Gap Inc. Technology domains and DevOps organization. There is organizational complexity working across all these groups and matrices.
- Lead a team of product managers across a range of solutions that drive customer experience, customer engagement, in- store technologies, mobile strategies, e-commerce and the digital growth and strategy of Gap Inc.
- Communicate a strong vision and inspiration to drive the organization
- Use customer insights and industry expertise to help converge digital and physical retail together, by identifying solutions that focus on the customer's relationships with brands and not channels.
- Work with business leaders to develop business strategies/business cases and related innovation and technology to achieve the desired results
- Leverage expertise in leading 3rd party retail technology solutions and leading vendors to support build vs. buy decisions
- Partner with other product management organization in Gap Inc., Global Supply Chain, to create a strong community of practice and leverage strengths and talent across organizations
- Work within a matrixed technology organization to ensure clear roles and responsibilities towards strategies
- Lead teams towards strong collaboration across multiple functions and partners
- Lead and motivate cross-functional teams during the lifecycle of product development, including deployment and post-deployment activities.
- Provide expertise in related industry trends to inspire innovation and growth for our brands and company
- Accountable for product roadmaps in partnership with DevOps and the Gap Inc. Technology domain organizations
- Propose financial investment strategies for product roadmaps, manage financial spend against projects
- Development and evaluation of multi-year technology portfolio investments that advocate for the application of technology resources to particular projects, and the ongoingmanagement of the scope of projects to ensure technology resources are directed at the most valuable opportunities (i.e., to return maximum financial value to Gap Inc.)
- Work with senior leadership to align the company around your product strategy, roadmap and milestones, and thus to set your team up for success
- Influence key stakeholder across multiple functions and brands throughout Gap Inc., by sharing the story of what product management can deliver to these new areas of the business
- 10 + years leading successful teams
- Experience in the retail industry, specifically with Omni-Channel
- Focus on mobile technology products is a plus
- Experience managing large teams in a multi-faceted, global company. Proven leadership skills surrounding change management and organization development.
- Knowledge of the retail technology vendor landscape
- Management consulting background a plus
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Back to top