Vice President, Marketing, Gap Brand
PURPOSE:Responsible for planning and execution of Gap marketing strategy globally with a focus on North America, in close partnership with CMO, cross functional leadership team, and marketing functional experts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- In partnership with the Marketing leadership team, build strategic marketing plans that supports long-range business plans using quantitative and qualitative data to inform this strategic work
- Formulate annual marketing plan that best supports long range business and brand objectives.
- Build seasonal marketing plan that supports seasonal business objectives and product strategies.
- Collaborate with cross functional leaders (Merchandising, Retail, Online, Strategy, Finance) to ensure consistent alignment with product and business objectives, and to inspire and influence in order to achieve Brand Marketing objectives
- Lead marketing functional experts (retail, online, digital/social) to carry out seasonal marketing execution. Ensure every aspect of execution is aligned and supports the overall marketing plan.
- Lead international regional experts (Europe, Japan, Franchise) to ensure overall global alignment with direction on any important cultural or market differences.
- Lead the marketing team to communicate clear, inspiring, and achievable objectives and partner with Brand - Creative team to ensure strategic objectives are successfully achieved in all creative touchpoints including advertising, windows & in store experience, packaging, digital, and social.
- Partner with Marketing Operations team to manage annual/seasonal project pipeline and key milestones
- Drive seasonal/monthly promotion and event planning in close partnership with CMO and Marketing leadership team including: promotions, events, flagship experiences, new store and market openings
Manage global multi-channel budget in close partnership with CMO
- Lead, manage and inspire the Brand Marketing team, both day to day communication & direction, and long term professional development.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills: can lead cross-functional teams at all levels of the company
- Strong oral, written and formal presentation skills including ability to communicate complex ideas in a simple way
- Demonstrated ability to foster an environment of creativity that pushes innovative ideas while guiding the team to connect with the customer and deliver
- Deep subject matter expertise in building and evolving a consumer brand through its various growth stages – including high growth
- Deep understanding and experience of multi-channel retail practices, advances and shifts in the marketplace and consumer technologies
- Developing customer-driven marketing strategies (i.e. based on consumer insights, competitive understanding, and brand knowledge)
- Digital Experience inclusive of SEM, SEO, affiliate marketing, display and organic and paid search
- Leading advertising process, ideally with outside advertising agencies
- Demonstrated ability to think globally/strategically and transform information and data into effective strategies and ultimately drive results.
- Global experience
- Demonstrated experience in influencing change
Minimum Educational Level
- Bachelor’s Degree; MBA preferred
- Must have a minimum 15 years of proven Marketing experience
- Must have a minimum of 10 years of Management/Leadership experience
- Must have strong cross-functional experience
- Ecommerce experience required
- Experience leading a global team
- Domestic & International travel required (30% +)
- Position based in NYC
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
IT Business Analyst
Jared operates as a function lead between Gap’s business partners and technical leads. He helps them understand the business requirements to deliver high-quality technology to Gap’s customers.
Back to top