The Analyst, China Domestic Transportation operation based in DC is responsible for the day-to-day transportation operations of Gap Inc.'s within China. Monitor yard performance including develop inbound site capacity. The candidate will work with internal and external business partners to identify opportunities issues that impact Gap Inc.'s transportation performance. The candidate will support transportation operation leader to continue optimize site process to explore a sustainable high level service to internal customers. The candidate's key duties include (but are not limited to): handling daily transportation operations and monitoring 3PL performance to achieve operation targets (70%); data & reporting management (15%); Project (15%)
• Daily operation and Third Party Logistic (3PL) management
1. Plan and optimize transportation DC yard dispatch operation process
2. Establish process to improve port to DC visibility
3. Maintain professional and effective working relationships with Third Party Logistics (3PLs) service providers, while monitoring and providing performance feedback on a regular basis
4. Manage 3PLs DC dispatch on time performance
5. Manage 3PLs port to DC on time performance
6. Responsible for 3PLs DC yard training
7. Coordinate with Gap DC to monitor the operation performance between DC and 3PLs
8. Coordinate with Gap DC/Engineer to identify the yard layout to continuously achieve best results
9. Support physical inbound process optimization.
10. Support any other ad-hoc operation or project.
11. Support SOP maintain.
• Data and Reporting
1. Maintain weekly/monthly dashboard with accuracy in a timely manner
2. Report performance, operation highlight, market update per required timeline and format
3. Identify the performance failure, find root cause and provide action plan to manager on regular basis.
4. Maintain DC yard report
5. Support any ad-hoc reporting requirement
• Cost management
1. Responsible for China transportation PO creating.
2. Support China transportation billing checking.
3. Support cost data collection, analysis, and communicate the findings
1. SupportStore Delivery Optimization (SDO) implementation
2. Support New DC project.
3. Support peak event
4. Support any new project related to China OB transportation.
Colleage graduate with at least 5years' working experience. 3years above in domestics transportation, international transportation, supply chain, DC. 3PL or on-site management experience is perfected.
Be familiar with transportation yard management flow, inbound operation process. Familiar with MS office. Good time management skill. Strong Integrity, self-motivated, open-minded and ability to work independently and under pressure in multi-cultural environment with minimal supervision. Equip with professional ethics, initiative, team sprite.
This position need located in Gap DC 90%, worked in Gap HQ 10%
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top