Testing Manager, Footwear
The Testing Manager supports Gap International Sourcing (GIS) product quality initiatives at vendor level through vendor empowerment; process monitoring; performance reporting and regular quality discussion. The Manager performs all works with the clear objective of improving overall raw material and product quality as measured through 3rd party test reports and quality metrics. The Manager will have responsibility for the performance of one or more subordinates and an extended geographical area with multiple vendors and Categories.
- Provide full technical support to Vendor Management teams and vendors on quality improvement and to ensure brand's quality and product safety regulatory requirement are met.
- Support to drive material supplier's performance improvement. Establish bulk production testing guardrails with vendor community.
- Participate in seasonal line review meeting to identify any potential quality, product safety and regulatory concerns before production.
- Monitor both Production & RSL testing failure risk assessment provided by team and corrective action plan provided by vendors are appropriate.
- Support Vendor Management teams for in-market quality & product safety issue callouts and work with QA/vendors to implement the root cause analysis and corrective action plan to address continuous improvement with vendors.
- Work with SF PSR team to revisit all non-apparels testing protocols and RSL issues to ensure keep up to date in all global regulatory and markets need.
- Support China and SF PSR teams to research and develop new products for China/Taiwan testing and labeling requirement, as well as China High Risk guideline for all non-apparel products to comply with China/Taiwan regulatory requirement.
- Provide periodic refresh training to Vendor Management teams & vendors; new vendors on boarding training for their better understanding of our most updated Testing and Product Safety requirement.
- Monitor 3rd lab testing turnaround time and performance. Liaisons with 3rd party labs to ensure the testing protocols are followed.
- University degree in Textile or Garment (Industry related) or chemical or equivalent work experience.
- 5-10 years of experience in product testing and quality management in terms of testing standards, methods and requirements in related products for US/EU/China markets
- Strong knowledge of raw material and product testing, quality management systems for non-apparel and chemical restriction requirements for US/EU/Japan
- Ability to create reports, provide analysis and recommendations to improve quality.
- Strong communication skills in both written and verbal English and local language.
- Time management skills in planning and scheduling.
- Strong risk management and trouble shooting skills, with a proactive mindset.
- Coaching and development of individuals and teams.
- Experience in handling hard goods is an advantage
Back to top