(Territory) Loss Prevention Manager - Mexico City, Mexico
GENERAL SUMMARY: Responsible for applying his/her Loss Prevention expertise and devise a Loss Prevention strategy within assigned stores (up to 20 stores). Takes a proactive approach to resolving losses within assigned stores through training and awareness. Responsible for all investigations, operations, training, and LP budget in assigned stores. Create and deliver Loss Prevention training to head of stores, merchandise managers and district management. Responsible for recruiting, hiring, training, developing and supervising up to 5-10 members of Loss Prevention personnel which includes Loss Prevention Managers, Loss Prevention Leads, Loss Prevention Agents and Loss Prevention Service Representatives. Manage vendors, physical security, and contract guards. Work closely with Loss Prevention leadership, Market Leaders and all levels of Store Management to ensure that all aspects of Loss Prevention are in compliance with company standards. Assist with Gap Inc. cross divisional initiatives, projects and committees.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Contribute to shortage reduction/Investigations 55%
- Develop schedules and assignments and oversee the general and daily activities for Loss Prevention Leads, Loss Prevention Agents and Loss Prevention Service Representatives.
- Assist with the implementation and continued execution of the target store/shortage reduction program.
- Work with store personnel to identify inventory shortage opportunities and recommend solutions. Determine the assignment of appropriate Loss Prevention resources (i.e. agents, technology, etc.) to address shortage reduction opportunities.
- Certified and authorized to conduct internal investigations. Utilize all available resources to identify and resolve internal investigations in assigned locations.
- Ensure all investigations, interviews and case reporting is in compliance with company guidelines.
- Ensure all external apprehensions and case reporting is in compliance with company guidelines.
- Conduct ORC investigations and utilize all available resources to identify and resolve ORC activity in assigned locations.
- Proactively monitor controls to identify employee theft through the utilizing POS exception reporting tools and all other available Loss Prevention resources.
- Meet annual shortage goals for assigned stores and district(s).
- Review incident reports to ensure compliance to loss prevention standards.
- Training and Development 30%
- Deliver Loss Prevention training to Market Leaders, Store Management Teams and other key field positions.
- Attend market/store meetings and calls delivering Loss Prevention updates and training.
- Ensure awareness campaigns are managed appropriately at the field level by interfacing with Field Leadership.
- Responsible for coordinating the recruiting, hiring and training of Loss Prevention personnel.
- Responsible for ensuring completion of the Loss Prevention training program for Loss Prevention personnel as per company guidelines.
- Identify through succession planning top talent for next level career opportunities.
- Responsible for developing and administering Individual Development Objectives, quarterly check-ins, mid-year and annual reviews for Loss Prevention personnel.
- Coordinate and participate in storewide management meetings focused on Loss Prevention training and awareness.
- Participate in loss prevention training for the on-boarding process of new hires.
- Operations/ Safety 15%
- Manage monthly Loss Prevention staffing budgets in assigned stores/market(s).
- Follow-up through store visits to ensure compliance of company policy and procedures.
- Assist stores/markets(s) in the creation of action plans to achieve shortage reduction and operational compliance.
- Assist Store Management with communication and education of all operational and safety standards. (Active Shooter, Code Adam, emergency procedures, alarm testing, etc.)
- Offer recommendations and solutions in crisis situations such as work place violence, protest and demonstrations.
ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIPS: Supervise 5-10 members of LP personnel. Communicate daily activities to the LP leadership, store management teams and District Manager.
BLVD MANUEL AVILA CAMACHO NO 5
1) Knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Excellent communication, written and verbal.
- Excellent delegation and follow-up skills.
- Loss Prevention investigation and interviewing skills preferred.
- Excellent time management skills.
- General operating knowledge of retail Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) systems.
- Bilingual fluency required, written & oral – Spanish and English
2) Minimum educational level:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
3) Minimum experience:
- 4 years of Safety, Security and Loss Prevention Experience in retail.
- 1-2 years supervisory experience.
4) Physical Requirements:
- Must be able to stand/walk sales floor for 8 hours at a time.
- Must be able to lift and carry 20lbs.
- Ability to work nights and weekends appropriately to retail business needs.
Ability to work in different store locations as business needs
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top