Temporary - Merchandiser / Senior Merchandiser - Product Development
- Hong Kong
About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world.Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyonehas access to quality fashion at every price point.Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman,regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. BananaRepublic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gapinspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly madeessentials.
This simple idea-that we all deserve to belong,and on our own terms-is core to who we are as acompany and how we make decisions.Our teamis made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet.Ready tolearn fast, create with audacityand lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
The Senior/Merchandiser, Product Development will be responsible for developing the garment samples for the assigned product / style while working closely with the Merchandising teams of the Vendors. As part of product development team s/he will also be providing support in identifying opportunities of cost saving, onboarding new vendors and executing the innovation agenda for the department in the assigned product.
• Manages vendor orders and relationships for a sub-category.
• Maintains relationships and negotiation with new and current vendor
• Responsible for product development and order placement in efficient and effective manner
• Works with Technical, QA and Mill management team to ensure all commercial decision and standards are met
• Supports category team in problem solving, information sharing and counter sourcing to support best placement plan
Manages counter costing; Handling samples; Tracking fit approvals; Tracking lab dips
Partners with brand Design, R&D and key suppliers to develop innovative and quality product
Partners with Mill management, QA and technical teams to resolve fabric or quality issues
Resolves issues within a timely manner while working to continuously improve and create internal and external processes and procedures
Who you are
- Merchandise Sourcing Knowledge
- Experience in sample development and with offshore production exposure; in large-sized buying office or trading company (activewear experience preferred)
- Planning & Influencing
- proven experience in plan, prioritize and influence at all levels
- Drive Results -
ability to analyze situations and proactively suggest solutions to meet deliverables
- Learning Agility & Experimentation
- demonstrates eagerness to learn and explore new ways of approaching goals
- Effective Communicator & Team Player
- proven capability to communicate effectively, verbal and written
Back to top