Technology Procurement Manager, Strategy & Operations
Our past is full of iconic moments - but our future is going to spark many more. We're looking for the people who'll help make our next decade just as revolutionary as our first five. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, you're the right fit. Come grow with us.
Doris and Don Fisher opened the first Gap store in 1969 with a simple idea - to make it easier to find a pair of jeans - and a commitment to do more. Over the last 49 years, the company has grown from a single store into a global fashion business with five brands: Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta and Intermix. We have more than 125,000 employees worldwide, more than 3,300 stores in 90 countries, several global e-commerce sites and we're still growing. Gap Inc. is a Fortune 500 specialty apparel retailer that runs Franchise operations, specialty retail brick and mortar, ecommerce marketplaces, wholly owned websites, and Outlet channels. Core to our extensive operations are our commitments to Gap Inc.'s Social Environmental & Responsibility practices and our commitment to do more. Headquartered in San Francisco, with offices globally including New York, London, Shanghai, and Tokyo we offer the opportunity to grow a career in a global company committed to do more for the communities we operate within.
As a part of our technology organization, GapTech, you will have the opportunity to build next generation solutions that will transform the way our customers interact with our family of iconic brands. Our team is on the path towards a DevOps model, allowing our product teams to have full ownership of design, build and operate with immense scale. From distributed computing, to artificial intelligence, mobile, big data and cloud computing, you will have the opportunity to build a career that allows you to make an impact all while learning new technical and leadership skills. We are inspired by new challenges and push ourselves to create what's next in this dynamic industry. Come join this diverse team and grow with us.
The Technology Procurement Manager drives value creation through cost avoidance and technology product justification for Gap Inc. The role has responsibility to build business/technology partner relationships with all levels of GapTech and possibly other Gap business units to review current maintenance contracts, upcoming purchase requests and alternative solutions to ultimately reduce Gap's overall spend. You will work closely with Strategic Sourcing to align on acceptable pricing, terms, product requirements and support necessities. Informed decisions will be based on spend and data analysis, process and policy compliance, market research, and understanding of necessary product functionality.
What You Get To Do:
- Coordinate GapTech to focus on the most crucial renewals.
- Organize vendor QBRs for our Top 50 vendors.
- Manage GapTech's plan to achieve fiscal year cost savings.
- Coordinate GapTech leadership in planning and realizing cost savings through technology rationalization.
- Drive GapTech transformation workstreams that involve procurement.
- Manage the peak readiness process, including contract renewals and vendor support consolidation.
- Proactive and timely engagement with stakeholders to maximize cost savings in vendor renewal negotiations
- Implement and Refine vendor strategies through strong technical/functional knowledge, in support of the technology's short-term and long-term plans
- Knowledge of key strategic sourcing functions (RFI, RFP, RFQ, supplier selection, market intelligence, business partner management, contract management, negotiations, SRM, etc.)
- Build and strengthen strategic relationships: successfully partner across functions and levels with internal stakeholders, external suppliers, Legal, Finance, Sourcing and Brands to drive results and influence change
- External Focus: Has a significant Technology subject matter knowledge and regularly leverages industry experts, associations, peers and stakeholders to identify and benchmark best practices
- Leverage strong influencing skills to align objectives and targets with stakeholders, including senior leadership
- Define and contribute significantly to the achievement of defined GapTech cost-savings targets
- Lead, advise and influence technology partners with market research, price negotiation, and bid evaluation processes
- Develop negotiation strategies and partner with Strategic Sourcing for competitive negotiation process
- Communicate regularly and proactively with business partners and other stakeholders
- Measure, evaluate, and provide feedback on vendor performance to ensure performance meets expectations, including lead times, contract commitments, etc.
- Lead cyclical and ad-hoc supplier business reviews for key strategic vendors
- Provide input and data analysis on spend management and related benefits
- Leverage industry associations, peers and stakeholders to identify and implement best practices
- Business Acumen: category expertise in Technology (Hardware, Software and Services). Retail knowledge also a plus.
- Ability to interact with senior leaders and demonstrate a professional presence
- Ability to learn and quickly develop subject matter expertise
- Strategic Orientation: experience leveraging business acumen, market intelligence, and insight to influence and drive strategic impact in complex categories. Proven ability to assess and adapt to dynamic business environment
- Drive Decisions: partner with internal technology customers to manage, plan, and execute complex decisions to drive short and long-term value realization: technology strategies, in-depth market knowledge, collaboration and influencing at all levels of a global organization. Excellent planning and prioritization skills with ability to adapt to change quickly.
- Personal Leadership: demonstrated executive presence, presentation, influencing, and collaboration across a leadership team.
- Change Leadership: experience leading without authority to influence others and drive decision-making
- Experience: 7+ years professional experience in management consulting or strategic sourcing
- Experience in a dynamic organization with experience in vendor relationships, particularly renewals
- Familiarity with various software licensing models (perpetual, subscription, SaaS, etc.) and metrics (users, CPUs, cores, etc.)
- Familiarity with asset management, virtual and cloud computing concepts
- Experience planning and leading negotiations
- Education: Bachelor's degree in business administration, computer science, or related discipline is required. MBA is appreciated, but not mandatory
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Back to top