Technical Manager - Business Intelligence
Our past is full of iconic moments - but our future is going to spark many more. We're looking for the people who'll help make our next decade just as revolutionary as our first five. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love tomake a difference, you're the right fit. Come grow with us.
GapTech is the engine behind Gap Inc.'s mission to be the world's favorite for American style. Our technologists are driving retail technology innovation, e-commerce for all Gap Inc.'s brands and delivering global, scalable, cloud-based platform solutions, using continuous integration and open source technology. Reimagining retail has never been more fun!
As a core member of BI engineering team, the ideal candidate is primarily responsible for three areas: managing BI engineering teams, developing world class inventory & logistics reporting and providing technical leadership. The candidate will lead the BI team that supports Gap business intelligence (BI) Data Engineering, Big Data and Data warehouse (EDW) systems. This includes oversight of the day to day design, development and delivery of BI solutions to Product Management teams. This role will include all aspects of strategy definition inclusive of partnering with all internal and external stakeholders to understand the information technology landscape that will meet the current and future needs of the organization and coordinating the execution of this strategy to deliver solutions that enable prioritized business objectives. The individual will be a thought leader in critical aspects of information technology and must have the ability to influence senior leadership.
- Drives design, development, delivery and support of Supply Chain Business Intelligence systems
- Experience in setting up dev environments and creating detailed capacity planning
- Guides the engineering team in implementing architectural patterns and building scalable data platform
- Trains and mentors the engineering team to implement Gap development standards and best practices
- Acts as a lead in identification and troubleshooting system issues impacting timely availability of data to business partners within established SLAs.
- Seeks improvement opportunities in design, solution implementation approaches in partnership with Architects and engineering teams for ensuring the performance and health of BI applications
- Leads cross functional agile development teams - contribute to Agile inceptions, document technical stories, and story estimation and sprint planning.
- Participates in production migrations and upgrades, develops processes for sustaining the BI data platform
- Ensures timely and accurate escalation of issues to management
Key Experiences & Education:
- Strong interest and intellectual curiosity about databases, data and analytics
- Strong business acumen, and superior written, verbal and presentation skills
- 4 years college degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics or equivalent is required
- 10+ years of software engineering experience BI, EDW and NoSQL systems
- 5+ years of hands on experience in messaging systems like RabbitMQ/Kafka/MQ, Service Oriented Architectural patterns and ETL
- Proficient in software design principles, various systems integration patterns and building data pipelines, to process large amounts of data
- 3+ years' experience in leading engineering teams
- Recent experience in SaaS, PaaS and Cloud is preferred
- Experience with stakeholder management.
- Experience in Agile methodology to accelerate decisions and deliver capabilities
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Supply Chain Domain knowledge is a big plus
- Solid knowledge in any one language - Python, R, Scala, Java.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top