Technical Lead - Enterprise Data Warehousing (EDW) and Big Data
- Acts as a lead in identification and troubleshooting processing issues impacting timely availability of data in the data warehouse or delivery of critical reporting within established SLAs.
- Identifies and recommends improvements in production application solutions or operational processes in support of data warehouse applications and business intelligence reporting (ie, data quality, performance, static and dynamic reports, etc.)
- Provides administrative technical support for Enterprise Data Warehousing (EDW) Applications; assists with documentation and training. Provides expertise (SME) and guidance to other resources in data integration engineering, including 3rd party vendor resources as appropriate.
- Focuses on the overall stability and availability of the Enterprise Data Warehouse, Big Data and the associated interfaces and transport protocols
- Researches, manages and coordinates resolution of complex issues through root cause analysis as appropriate
- Establishes and maintains productive relationships with technical leads of key operational sources systems providing data to EDW / BI /Big Data
- Establishes and maintains productive relationships with Architects, Data Analyst, Product management, Operation and infrastructure support areas, such as DBAs and system admins
- Ensure adherence to established problem / incident management, change management and other internal IT processes
- Ensures 3rd party vendors engaged in projects deliver on their responsibilities and conform to Gap's established standards
- Responsible for communication related to any day to day issues and problem resolutions in EDW / Big Data applications. Communication may include direct department management as well downstream application contacts and business partners.
- Ensures comprehensive knowledge transition from development teams on new or modified applications moving to ongoing production support
- Seeks improvement opportunities in design, solution implementation approaches in partnership with Architects and Operations team for ensuring the performance and health of the EDW, Big Data and BI Applications
- Participates in production migrations and upgrades, develops processes for sustaining the EDW & BI environment and ensures implementation of the same
- Ensures timely and accurate escalation of issues to management
550 TERRY FRANCOIS BLVD.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Information Technology
- Proven experience working with an off-shore support team
- Previous experience working in a high paced, high pressure agile development environment
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills for assessment of complex requirement, production support issues and recommend / implement effective solutions
- Previous experience in using IT Ticketing processes for managing incidents and issue resolution and conversant with established Change control / Change management standards (CI/CD experience).
- Natural technical and functional curiosity
- Excellent communication skills
- 7 + years of technical experience in Enterprise Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence environments
- 5+ years developing and supporting ETL using Infosphere Datastage or Talend, Teradata and Hadoop
- Expert in SQL, Data discovery and analysis
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Back to top