Technical Lead EDW/ Big Data
Our past is full of iconic moments - but our future is going to spark many more. We're looking for the people who'll help make our next decade just as revolutionary as our first five. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love tomake a difference, you're the right fit. Come grow with us.
Job Description: EDW/Big Data data warehouse application design, data quality, development and testing/deployment strategy. Identify and recommend improvements in production application solutions or operational processes in support of data warehouse applications and business intelligence reporting. Research, manage and coordinate resolution of complex issues through root cause analysis as appropriate. Identify and troubleshoot processing issues impacting timely availability of data in the data warehouse or delivery of critical reporting within established SLAs. Maintain the overall stability and availability of the Enterprise Data Warehouse, Big Data and the associated interfaces and transport protocols. Establish and maintain productive relationships with technical leads of key operational sources systems providing data to EDW / BI /Big Data. Establish and maintain productive relationships with Architects, Data Analyst, Product management, Operation and infrastructure support areas, such as DBAs and system admins. Ensure adherence to established problem / incident management, change management and other internal IT processes. Ensure 3rd party vendors engaged in projects deliver on their responsibilities and conform to Gap's established standards.
Requirements: Bachelor's degree or foreign equivalent in Information Technology or a related field, and 5 years of progressive, post-baccalaureate experience in the job offered or a related occupation.
Experience and/or education must include:
1. Enterprise Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence environments;
2. Developing and supporting ETL using infosphere Datastage or Talend, Teradata, Hadoop, PIG, and Flume;
3. SQL, Data discovery and analysis;
4. Production batch scheduling and monitoring; and
5. Scheduling tools CA Workload Automation (CAWA) and Oozie.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top