Technical Designer - Women's Dresses/Skirts, Banana Republic
Who We Are: Banana Republic is aglobal apparel and accessories vertical specialty retail organization focusedon delivering versatile, contemporary classics designed for today with stylethat endures. We outfit those who see every day as full of opportunityand seek to make the most of every moment. At Banana Republic, we believein seeing life a little differently, taking it all in, adding to it and makingit your own. We live with style.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES &RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Execute design and fit intent into bulk production while maintaining corporate standard
- Collaborate with business partners to gain clear direction and consensus of fit intent.
- Effectively communicate fit intent, balance and construction to vendors via pattern diagram or directly on pattern.
- Identify potential production, quality and costing issues and make recommendations to ensure brand integrity.
- Ensure size and fit consistency within the brand and across product categories.
- Confirm compliance of garment to specifications and fit direction.
- Communicate fit and balance issues via pattern diagram or directly on pattern.
- Leads fit session on live model or mannequin and takes initiative of specific product (s).
- Assure seasonal and Brand deadlines are met.
- Identify and proactively engage supervisor and BP's when issues arise
- Collaborate with business partners on creation of a style to establish the initial spec and construction detail.
- Conducts self and others within established guidelines of the Corporate Fit Protocol, Gap Inc Code of Conduct, and Gap Inc. Purpose, Value
- Behaviors in fittings.
- Fosters open communication and team environment with all business partners; receives constructive feedback professionally.
- Holds self and others accountable for work commitments and outcomes.
- Participates in departmental and cross-functional meetings as appropriate.
- Evaluate garment to determine compliance of spec, construction, and fit intent.
- Insure size and fit consistency within Brand and across product category.
- Recommend raw material components to meet brand standard and uphold design intent.
- Identify potential product, quality and costing issues and make appropriate recommendations.
- Track and manage workflow and workload for own product and ensure product areas are maintained with cross-functional team; gather information and update all reports necessary for meeting.
55 THOMAS STREET
- Expertise in patternmaking including grading, construction and fit.
- Knowledge of construction standards and manufacturing methods.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Organizational skills and ability to multi task.
- Ability to proactively trouble shoot and problem solve.
- Ability to effectively influence.
- Ability to convey necessary corrections.
- Strong computer skills (preferred programs: computer pattern programs, such as ADS, Gerber, Lectra, computer spec writing programs such as Gerber, PDM, Karat, email system i.e. Lotus Notes, MS Outlook, MS Excel, MS Word)
- AA or Certification in Apparel Manufacturing, Design, Patternmaking or equivalent.
- 5+ years experience in the Apparel Industry including patternmaking and construction experience with full knowledge of total production timeline.
- May include travel up to 4 times per year domestic or international travel.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top