Technical Designer - Bras
In 1969, Don and Doris Fisher opened the first Gap store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco. They wanted to make it easier to find a great pair of jeans, and they did. Their denim and records store was a hit, and today we're the world's most iconic American brand.
We're represented in more than 1400 stores in over 40 countries, and online. Our unique aesthetic is optimistic cool, elevated American style. We believe in staying true to our heritage while creating what's next.
Don and Doris Fisher always wanted to "do more than sell clothes," and today we're leaders in employee volunteering and social impact.
If you're full of ideas, if you want to work with phenomenal people, and if you think we should leave the world better than we found it, we'd love to meet you.
The Technical Designer facilitates the transition of product from design concept and first prototype to a final, production ready prototype. He/She collaborates with cross-functional partners to land appropriate raw materials for both fit and functional intent as well as with business partners to obtain clear direction and consensus on design aesthetic, fit intent and construction. He/She is an expert responsible for leading fit sessions on live models or mannequins and working with Design to achieve design aesthetic and communicate fit and balance corrections to participants. He/she will leverage and develop key vendor relationships to support working efficiently and drive fit consistency.
• Collaborate with business partners to gain clear direction and consensus of fit intent.
• Leads fit sessions, construction approval, and documentation to all business partners to meet guidelines.
• Leverage technical knowledge and leadership support to troubleshoot and resolve issues that are unique in nature and may require a novel approach.
• Communicate fit intent, balance and construction to vendors.
• Identify potential production, quality and costing issues and make recommendations to ensure brand integrity.
• Evaluate garment to determine compliance of spec, construction and fit intent.
• Recommend raw material components to meet brand standard and uphold design intent.
• Track and manage workflow and workload for own product.
• Technical Design - experience with fabric and garment construction and manufacturing processes.
• Problem Solver - can proactively solve problems and effectively manage multiple challenges.
• Collaboration- Ability influencing and making decisions in a matrix environment where speed and cultural sensitivity is crucial.
• Communication- demonstrated ability to communicate effectively across multiple audiences at all levels of the organization.
• Learning Agility - demonstrated curiosity, motivated to learn new skills and knowledge.
• Resourcefulness - experience in managing dynamic projects that require the ability to flex as obstacles are presented.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top