Technical Architect, Global Suppy Chain
Our past is full of iconic moments - but our future is going to spark many more. We're looking for the people who'll help make our next decade just as revolutionary as our first five. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love tomake a difference, you're the right fit. Come grow with us.
The Global Supply Chain Architect will lead our software architects that specifically design solutions supporting logistics and supply chain strategy. The ideal candidate has experience with a complex material handling environment and heterogeneous systems at varying levels of maturity and stability.
- Lead a team of software architects that are delivering critical components of our logistics and supply chain strategy
- Facilitate technical decision making amongst internal groups, including material handling engineering, software delivery and architecture
- Work to integrate a variety of software solutions and platforms. Some have been custom-built and others are provided by vendors
- Provide oversight, leadership and visibility to all platform stakeholders
- Drive consistency, reliability and observability in distributed, heterogeneous platform
- Improve solution quality and long-term cost of ownership
- MS or above in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related field
- 10+ years' experience in a technical leadership position
- A desire to both manage people and to solve complex architectural problems
- Recent coding experience
- Familiarity with two or more of: Java, C++, C#, Python
- Experience with Kafka, MQ or closely related messaging technologies
- Exposure to material handling equipment (MHE) is a plus
- Demonstrated skills in complex system engineering
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams, facilitate good decision making and effectively communicate nuances of technical concerns
- Experience with Oracle, MongoDB and SQL Server
- Experience with cloud computing technologies, including PaaS, IaaS and Azure
- Awareness of WAN and wireless networking technologies, including common failure modes
- Experience with monitoring technologies, including New Relic, Nagios and PagerDuty
- Exception problem-solving skills
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top