Tech Lead - Checkout UI
- San Francisco, CA
About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world.Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyonehas access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman,regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. BananaRepublic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gapinspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly madeessentials.
This simple idea-that we all deserve to belong,and on our own terms-is core to who we are as acompany and how we make decisions.Our teamis made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet.Ready tolearn fast, create with audacityand lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
At Gap Inc., we are passionate about creating and delivering quality software by utilizing Agile and DevOps best practices. We are creating solutions by using Automation, Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration & Delivery, Pair Programming, and story-based iterative development. In this role, you will lead and collaborate cross-functionally to improve multiple features/components; clothing, checking out and zooming out - payments, credit cards, reward points, adding to shopping carts, and User stories.
We are looking for imaginative individuals well versed in the customer experience, Buy-Checkout Web experience specifically. We're looking for individual who has utilized cutting-edge, front-end technologies to lead and deliver complex and spectacular solutions on a large scale. Join us and flex your imagination with designing and developing industry-leading features that are reliable, scalable, and create a great customer experience!
What you'll do
- Take ownership, work collaboratively and lead strategic communications with technical and product/design team members to develop and maintain UX product features following Agile development principles
- Create robust solutions and multi-task across initiatives while building out a dynamic and productive development, continuously improving practices and methodology
- Engage actively with team members to continually enhance engineering design, practices, and methodology.
- Generate strategic thinking and creating sustainable solutions that span across projects and domains while maintaining; simplicity, reliability, manageability, scalability, extensibility, performance, and re-use
- Install and reinforce best-in-class DevOps practices with end-to-end "design, build and run" responsibilities
- Guide and advocate with technical expertise in the areas of architecture, design, implementation, and testing
- Develop code using standards-based solutions, drive adoption via mentoring and guiding others
- Experience with running workloads on Public Clouds such as AWS, Azure, or GCP, with experience with container-based technologies like Docker and Cloud Foundry a plus.
- In-depth knowledge and technical expertise with ReactJS, NodeJS, and NPM
- Extensive experience and proficiency with cross-browser, cross-platform development including Mobile Web
- Expertise in designing and delivering with performance, security, and accessibility in mind. Expertise in designing and integrating with service-based architectures.
- Experience with modern DevOps development tools including Git, Jenkins, JIRA, PagerDuty and logging/monitoring tools such as New Relic and Splunk
- Knowledge of i18N (internationalization) and A11y (accessibility) best practices a plus
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- See more of the benefits we offer.
Back to top