Talent Scout, Field - San Fransicso
In 1969, Don and Doris Fisher opened the first Gap store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco. They wanted to make it easier to find a great pair of jeans, and they did. Their denim and records store was a hit, and today we're the world's most iconic American brand.
We're represented in more than 1400 stores in over 40 countries, and online. Our unique aesthetic is optimistic cool, elevated American style. We believe in staying true to our heritage while creating what's next.
Don and Doris Fisher always wanted to "do more than sell clothes," and today we're leaders in employee volunteering and social impact.
If you're full of ideas, if you want to work with phenomenal people, and if you think we should leave the world better than we found it, we'd love to meet you.
As the Talent Scout for Field Talent Acquisition you will deliver the talent sourcing strategy for field sales and specialist positions in their market. In partnership with recruiters, you will deliver the right talent, at the right time, for the right roles.
The Talent Scout will be responsible for sourcing and assessing candidates in their market. This requires a high level of engagement, connectedness and visibility as you will directly impact acquisition strategies to ensure we are delivering results. You should be highly networked and informed on the external market at all times.
You have a strong pulse on the industry and a drive to be an expert in the marketplace. You strive to be a champion of the brand and demonstrate a willingness to employ innovative sourcing strategies and techniques. You leverage data to drive results, and are meticulous in your use of candidate relationship management databases. In fact, you wouldn't make a move without it.
• Partners with Regional Director/Store teams to develop and execute sourcing strategies to build a pipeline of qualified candidates to fill open sales and specialist positions
• Is responsible for sourcing candidates through social networks, internet searching, employee referrals, hiring events, school and community groups and other creative sourcing venues
• Sources and delivers a diverse candidate slate to hiring managers to meet their hiring needs
• Builds and maintains strong, collaborative partnerships with District Managers, General Managers and business partners in the assigned market
• Is a Brand ambassador and an expert on Gap's culture, benefits and career paths
• Is keenly aware of industry information and the competitive landscape to help team stay ahead of industry trends
• Retail store leadership or talent acquisition experience preferred
• Demonstrated experience in using innovative sourcing techniques and has strong networking skills. Is Tech-savvy; a social network fanatic
• Proven organization skills - can prioritize effectively and manage multiple tasks in an environment that is always evolving and with competing demands
• Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment that is fast paced and energetic
• Able to establish strong business partner relationships and drive effective collaboration to achieve desired results
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top