Talent Acquisition Lead- San Francisco
In 1969, Don and Doris Fisher opened the first Gap store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco. They wanted to make it easier to find a great pair of jeans, and they did. Their denim and records store was a hit, and it grew to become one of the world's most iconic brands.
Today we're represented in more than 1400 stores in over 40 countries, and online. We have headquarters in New York, London, Shanghai, Tokyo, and, of course, San Francisco.
Our unique aesthetic is optimistic cool, elevated American style. Our clothes are crafted with care, with focused attention to thoughtful design. We believe in staying true to our heritage while creating what's next.
Don and Doris Fisher always wanted to "do more than sell clothes." They wanted to support the people who ran their company, to be active in their communities, and to have a positive impact on the world. Their vision helped transform retail, and we're still following their lead.
We stand for freedom and possibility for all; we champion diverse ideas that transcend generations, geographies and genders.
So if you have ideas, if you're talented, if you want to work with phenomenal people, and if you think we should leave the world a little better than we found it, we'd love to meet you.
The Talent Acquisition Lead is the backbone of the Gap Global Talent Acquisition (TA) team. This means you will work in a way that positively impacts the credibility, effectiveness/efficiency, and overall reputation of the TA team by creating thoughtful and well-organized experiences for talent & business partners throughout the interview journey. You're an ambassador for Gap Inc. brands and Gap brand every step of the way. Solving problems and connecting dots are what you do. Your optimal outcome oriented and don't shy away from ambiguous situations. You'll also manage/support projects, which means you're juggling a variety of competing priorities. You're visible, you're connected, you're engaged and you will play a critical role in helping Gap attract and hire the best talent – which is truly the best and most important part of your role. The Talent Acquisition Lead reports to the Sr. Manager of Talent Acquisition with a dotted line reporting relationship to the Director of Field Recruiting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as an integral part of the TA team by assisting in execution of strategic initiatives, logistics planning, and candidate management
- Manage the job posting process working closely with the TA team, HR, and Finance
- Contact, schedule and coordinate with candidates regarding interview and travel schedules and track travel cost spreadsheet
- Schedule candidates' interviews, manage recruiters' interview calendar and update candidate status in applicant tracking system
- Schedule and coordinate all internal business partner travel (i.e. flight, hotel room, campus transportation) and track travel cost spreadsheet
- Greet and transition candidates throughout the interview day
- Create and distribute candidate offer letter and packets; update New Employee Orientation spreadsheet with new hire information
- Track and ship Gap Inc. recruitment collateral including: ordering/maintaining collateral levels, booth, giveaways, and marketing materials
- Oversee offer letters (to hiring managers and candidates), relocation and background checks, process sign-on bonuses for all Gap Inc. sponsored HQ based job training programs
- Track signed offer letters and recruiting materials to align with records compliance requirement
- Provide general administration (phone, faxes, mail, re-class business partner expense reports, order office supplies & process invoices)
- Initiate and manage background screening process within legal and company guidelines
- Complete candidate reimbursement forms for Accounts Payable
- Manage the Taleo to People Soft hiring integration
- Provide feedback to relevant business partners on improved efficiencies
- Be the liaison with the hand off the candidate from TA to the onboarding experience
- Manage the approval, payout, and tracking of the employee referral program
- Assist Recruiters with sourcing candidates when time permits
- Be a content expert with NEO and the onboarding experience
- Serve as Project team member or Subject Matter Expert, as appropriate, for HR content-related initiatives for example internship programs. Manage and/or complete projects as assigned
- Manage the approval, payout, and tracking of the employee referral program
- Identify opportunities that enhance the interview, candidate, TA team, and hiring manager experience
- Serve as a primary point of contact for candidates and business partners throughout the interview journey.
- Deliver high-quality work, demonstrate operational excellence and ensure quality and integrity.
- Provide administrative support to the TA team
- Partner with Directors to ensure timely receipt of recruiting tools and resources for team (e.g., new employee set up, credit card, technology, travel)
- Own the weekly Job Openings and YTD Hires Reports & Taleo (ATS) reconciliation which includes report building, data modification, communication and management of weekly deadline
- Provide hiring trends, insights, competitive intel to the Operations team
- Manage and stream line communication updates for the team
- Deliver high quality work and demonstrate operational excellence through utilization of recruiting tools and resources; share insight and making recommendations on operational improvements in the hiring process; and ensure quality and integrity of metrics through discipline in process
- Contribute to team development as an expert user of Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) and flex across team as needed to provide training on optimal use and best practices
- Gather stakeholder feedback from Recruiting team; use feedback to drive quality and effectiveness of work
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion and maturity
- Ability to multi-task and work in fast-paced energetic environment with focused sense of urgency
- Work independently as well as in team environment
- Maintains a high degree of professionalism - ability to interface with all levels of the organization as primary point of contact for Recruiting team
- Presents oneself in a professional manner always when interacting with internal and external business partners and candidates
- Consistently builds and maintains strong business partner relationships
- Strong organizational skills, detail-oriented, and ability to prioritize workload independently
- Possesses a proactive approach to accomplishing work, has immaculate follow up, and demonstrates the flexibility to meet business needs with a focus on achieving results
Qualifications and Skills:
- Detail oriented, flexible, and comfortable within with ambiguity.
- Strong problem solving skills
- 4+ years Administrative Assistant/Coordination, Recruiting or HR-related experience
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Technology savvy with demonstrated proficiency in all MS Office applications; ATS experience
- College degree preferred
- Experience working in a large organization that focuses on customer and brand. Strong preference for candidates with experience working in a creative industry (arts, entertainment, media, fashion, etc.)
- Must be local and serve as daily in person contact for either NY or SF offices.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Theresa engineers innovative tech solutions with a small agile development team. Specifically, they work to bring mobile applications to the hands of Gap’s store associates.
Back to top