Systems Engineer I-Network
- Hyderabad, India
About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments - but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands - Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy and Athleta - have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we're more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it's why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It's why we're committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
Be responsible for automation of deploying network infrastructure across all of our network domains that supports the Gap Network
Deploy, scale and automate our network across multiple datacenters and Cloud service providers.
Create simple, repetitive deployment processes that increase both velocity and quality.
Work closely with our internal customers on designs/solutions; bringing those designs/solutions from concept to production.
Create and update our network standards and ensure that the network is deployed to these standards.
Automate workflow and execution of deployments on a global scale
Work with external SaaS based solution partners on roadmap and manage vendor service management.
Our ideal candidate has a proven record of building automated solutions, is highly autonomous, possesses strong written and verbal communication skills, strong project management and time management skills and has a successful track record of designing simple, scalable solutions and troubleshooting complex network problems and delivering innovative solutions. The desire and ability to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment is essential.
Who you are
- A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience is required.
- Candidates should have 5+ years industry experience in a similar environment.
- In depth Experience scripting with Python and Ansible/Terraform
- Excellent network analysis fundamentals and robust troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to interact efficiently with peers and customers is required.
- Object-oriented design and coding skills (C/C++ and/or Java preferably on a UNIX or Linux platform)
- Basic understanding of the UNIX/LINUX operating environments with the ability to navigate, manipulate and understand the file structure.
- Very Good understanding of monitoring systems such as Nagios leveraging SNMP and time series databases.
- Working knowledge of Service Now, Splunk, Application performance, Configuration management and CI/CD toolset.
- Strong understanding of the OSI and TCP/IP models.
- knowledge of designing network and datacenter installations utilizing L2 and L3 protocols.
- Experience troubleshooting switching and routing hardware
- knowledge of and experience with major internet routing protocols; specifically BGP and OSPF
- Experience troubleshooting layer 1 and 2 network problems.
- Experience working with customers to diagnose a problem, and work toward resolution
- Needs to be a highly motivated to learn
- Needs to have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multitask effectively
- Strong logical thinking skills, with the ability to adapt as new information becomes available
- Ability to operate efficiently under pressure
- One of the most competitive paid time off plans in the industry
- Merchandise discount for our brand products at franchise stores and their websites
- Comprehensive health coverage for employees, same-sex partners and their families
- Health and wellness program: free annual health check-ups, fitness center and Employee Assistance Program
- Comprehensive benefits to support the journey of parenthood
- Retirement planning assistance
- See more of the benefits we offer.
Back to top